Any golfers on here ?

anyone played Linderick?

drove past today and saw the sign "no smoking on the 12th hole"

wondered why?

Lindrick is a good course - not easy though. I've played it 5 or 6 times and not had a good score round it yet. No smoking is becoming more common on many courses - particularly in the summer. Its a fire risk.

Lindrick at £35 a round will be given a miss by me,smoking or not;).Go further up the road & play College Pines for a tenner...

You've got to pay more to play the better courses, and if you can afford it once in a while, it's nice to play a class track. No offense to CP, but it doesn't hold a candle to a course like Lindrick.

I recently spent a week in south Wales at Porthcawl playing in my work's golf week. Paid £50 for a practice round at Royal Porthcawl. My first true links round.. :o We played it in near perfect conditions and it was still a monster. But what a fabulous course and experience.

You've got to pay more to play the better courses, and if you can afford it once in a while, it's nice to play a class track. No offense to CP, but it doesn't hold a candle to a course like Lindrick.

I recently spent a week in south Wales at Porthcawl playing in my work's golf week. Paid £50 for a practice round at Royal Porthcawl. My first true links round.. :o We played it in near perfect conditions and it was still a monster. But what a fabulous course and experience.

And in my opinion you need to play some better tougher courses to improve your golf. They aren't all expensive. Check out the Carnoustie Tassie for instance £165 for a weeks golf, over the Championship and Burnside courses. You are guaranteed 3 rounds at least over each course. There are quite a number of these sorts of competitions around the country. The handicap limit is 18 I think, so anyone can play. There are lots of even cheaper comps to get into if you get down to a handicap of 1 or 2....e.g. Sheffield Plate is only £25 for two rounds at Hallamshire which is good value....I think you get a practice round thrown in also.

• 3 weeks later...

played Tinsley yesterday and i was impressed with the condition of the course, the last time i played it [over a yera ago] it was i terrible condition - looks like they have spent some money on it [at last!!]. the club house is still rubbish and the youths hanging round the 18th dont exactly make for a friendlt enviroment, but apart from that a good day was had by all