The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

I seriously would have thought it would have been far far higher. I REALLY am an utter wimp where jacking cigs in is concerned, I whine and whittle and grumble constantly and eat entire shops out of their stock, I snarl and sniffle and scowl and chew my nails and.... with this its as if I never smoked in the first place.

I bet when this comes into more use the percentages go up and up and up.

I seriously would have thought it would have been far far higher. I REALLY am an utter wimp where jacking cigs in is concerned, I whine and whittle and grumble constantly and eat entire shops out of their stock, I snarl and sniffle and scowl and chew my nails and.... with this its as if I never smoked in the first place.

I bet when this comes into more use the percentages go up and up and up.

Exactly. They will err on the side of caution in the trials. I can see it being in the chemists soon, and being a sell out. I would want to wait until at least 12 months to check on smokers again , to see if they have started again.

next week, when ive got a bit more time to skive at work, im going to read the entireity of this thread properly.

this all sounds very very promising, especially for the girl who managed to get to chapter 2 in alan carrs 'give up smoking the easy way' and completely caved.

well done jabber! (or should i say well done to the drug company?:suspect: )

x

well done jabber! (or should i say well done to the drug company?:suspect: )

x

Exactly!

All I did was swallow the pills. Im sure its cheating somehow, like doing a marathon in a car while everyone else is running like mad.

Theres no point in patting me or anyone who uses Champix on the back and saying well done.

We really arent doing a thing, just taking a pill.

You may have already mentioned this but, how long do you have to carry on taking them for?

You initially get a 12 week course, but if you have any problems quitting they stick you on another 12 week course after that.

Mr Wocky's new signature:

"Ive seen things that you people wouldnt believe.

Me crouched naked over a mirror for example... "

YOU might be too modest to post the videos, but I think everybody deserves to see this. Strangely, you can't see the mirror very clearly, but I think everybody will get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPpQBZpFEUc

Dozy :love: