The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

Now thats a pity!

The patches are ok though, they just need willpower to work. The only reason they didnt work for is because Im a gutless wretch, I lost the urge to smoke, but I simply couldnt resist that rare pang of craving that came once or twice each day. I had a cig, and that turned to two cigs per day, then three per day then upwards.

If you can resist that 10 minute craving twice each day then patches are great. If I had a spine then Im certain they would have worked for me.

I stopped for three months a couple of years ago on the patches, then I got drunk and had a few fags, then a few more and eventually I was a full time smoker again. It was difficult as I was living with a smoker at the time and she had no interest in stopping or in supporting me. Now I live on my own and hardly anybody I spend time with smokes so hopefully the temptation will be removed. I have a lot of support and my little love monkey says I can beat him up if I get stressed (stupid boy) I really believe I can do it.

My OH smokes too and that made it hard for me to jack it in with patches. These pills are good for me because she can smoke herself silly right in front of me and I dont bat an eyelid.

I want to go out to the pub tonight to A/ See what beer tastes like with my new taste buds, and B/ To see if I can manage without a cig in my hand as I drink

Trouble is-- and Im NOT under the thumb! IM NOT UNDER THE THUMB!!!, but she wont let me go out!

Is there anyone who isn't planning on quitting? everyone i know say's when the ban comes in they will stop smoking. Personally i have no intention of quitting, i really like a good cigarette, in fact i love it, for me there's nowt better than a nice fag and a cup of tea. So to everyone please dont quit, i don't want to be stood on mi own outside on a friday nite sucking on a fag.

Is there anyone who isn't planning on quitting? everyone i know say's when the ban comes in they will stop smoking. Personally i have no intention of quitting, i really like a good cigarette, in fact i love it, for me there's nowt better than a nice fag and a cup of tea. So to everyone please dont quit, i don't want to be stood on mi own outside on a friday nite sucking on a fag.

You might want to rephrase that last part:hihi: :hihi:

To be honest I dont know why I jacked it in. I loved a cig and even though these pills have completely killed the feeling that I need a smoke, I still miss the taste of cigs in my mouth.

I love the taste of the cig smoke, the docs told me that my lungs are healthy so they assume that I probably didnt inhale many of the cigs I smoked, but I still miss the smell and taste of cig smoke on me.

I love a smoke, but with family members dropping like flies from cancer I feel I owe it too my kids to hang around and bug them a bit longer :P

I love a smoke, but with family members dropping like flies from cancer I feel I owe it too my kids to hang around and bug them a bit longer :P

Good for you:D I'm quitting so I get longer to hang round here scaring you:evil: :twisted::hihi:

Id say that these pills not only make you stop smoking, they also alter your taste receptors in some way thats beneficial. Dont ask me how, maybe its the same way it blocks the nicotine receptors in the brain, maybe it works on another part of the brain too.

Smoking severely dulls your sense of smell/taste, so you may simply be experiencing flavour overload. I had my ears syringed a while back and my God is the world noisey. Even peeing was way too loud! Hard to put both hands over one's ears in those circumstances!:o

Though a liking for fresh food and a dislike of meat is going to make you even healthier, than just giving up smoking. Not the worst side effect I can think of. Unlike Zyban where suicidal thoughts and behaviour was one attribute 'enjoyed' by those who tried it. A friend tried Zyban and I mentioned it was known for depressing users, he poo-pooed this concept, but later admitted that he ended up feeling very suicidal, until he quit the quitting smoking drug.

To be honest I dont know why I jacked it in. I loved a cig and even though these pills have completely killed the feeling that I need a smoke, I still miss the taste of cigs in my mouth.

I love the taste of the cig smoke, the docs told me that my lungs are healthy so they assume that I probably didnt inhale many of the cigs I smoked, but I still miss the smell and taste of cig smoke on me.

So did the pills work 100% then? If so I might take a trip to the Docs