The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

So did the pills work 100% then? If so I might take a trip to the Docs

Yup they worked 100%.

There is nothing bad to say about them, apart from the fact that I can no longer eat the fried, greasy grub that I so loved.

There is and was never the slightest craving for cigs, and when I DID have one it was just... like sucking on a bit of rolled up burning paper. My OH and her family smoke in front of me and its just like I never even tried to smoke back in 1974, I can smell the smoke and see them smoking but theres nothing there inside me that wants a cig.

You know when you jack them in and you smell a cig or see someone smoke and you WANT A CIG? Theres none of that.

Im still only half way through the course-- less if they decide to put me on 2 courses but already theres no interest in cigs at all and hasnt been since about a week after taking the first pill.

Honestly, go for this, its the single best chance anyone has of jacking the cigs in, in fact its not even a chance, its a cert. You take these pills and you WILL quit smoking, weather you really want to or not.

Yup they worked 100%.

There is nothing bad to say about them, apart from the fact that I can no longer eat the fried, greasy grub that I so loved.

There is and was never the slightest craving for cigs, and when I DID have one it was just... like sucking on a bit of rolled up burning paper. My OH and her family smoke in front of me and its just like I never even tried to smoke back in 1974, I can smell the smoke and see them smoking but theres nothing there inside me that wants a cig.

You know when you jack them in and you smell a cig or see someone smoke and you WANT A CIG? Theres none of that.

Im still only half way through the course-- less if they decide to put me on 2 courses but already theres no interest in cigs at all and hasnt been since about a week after taking the first pill.

Honestly, go for this, its the single best chance anyone has of jacking the cigs in, in fact its not even a chance, its a cert. You take these pills and you WILL quit smoking, weather you really want to or not.

Well, I'm 18 so I'm unsure whether or not the Doctor will be happy prescribing me them. I'll mention that it'll save the NHS alot of money in the long term if I do, like you adviced, so If I get the oppourtunity I'll let you know.

Also, congratulations on packing the habit in.

Well, I'm 18 so I'm unsure whether or not the Doctor will be happy prescribing me them. I'll mention that it'll save the NHS alot of money in the long term if I do, like you adviced, so If I get the oppourtunity I'll let you know.

Also, congratulations on packing the habit in.

I dont see why they should say no. They should want to get you out of the habit while youre nice and young and not so set in your ways like I am.

Let us know how you get on will you?

As for congratulating me.... I didnt do a thing! I just took a pill twice a day! The pharmecutical company did all the hard work inventing it :D

I dont see why they should say no. They should want to get you out of the habit while youre nice and young and not so set in your ways like I am.

Let us know how you get on will you?

As for congratulating me.... I didnt do a thing! I just took a pill twice a day! The pharmecutical company did all the hard work inventing it :D

Yeah I will do mate, but seriously, congratulations for kicking a habit that costs me and costed you a fortune :thumbsup:

took my 1st champix about an hour ago....i feel sick, dont know if its connected....jabba, any ideas?:(

Is there anything about feeling sick in the little notes that came with the pills?

There are quite a few side effects but none of them severe, did you drink a lot of water when you took the pill?

no patches and no more tabs for me :D :D :D :D had enough of coughing big lumps up ?:gag: now 10 weeks and still going strong !! was having violent vomiting sessions in the mornings at first, but that was problably down to wellwishers buying me them extra pints that make you wobble because its better than smoking fags :suspect: grr id rather have a fag than throw up in the morning and fall into the neighbours privet on the way home from the local ??the costs of giving up fags eh ???? come on jabbers give us the real low down on giving up mentally (bugger ! left myself open there ?) spending most of your day bringing amusement to all of sheffield ont sf cant be all that keeps you from the evil weed .. i can feel another thread starting here jabbers the wierdest thing you imagine the jabberwocky has ever done mega mega thread !!!!?:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: hows your head ??? has champix altered it ?? runs for cover:hihi:

Mentally the pills have done nothing. Normally Id be out killing the neighbours pets and trying to smoke them, or in the boozer trying to pick fights with bikers but these things have done bugger all to me mentally.

Apart from...

The other halfs complained that Im winding her up more than usual, and its getting to a point now where shes on the verge of losing her rag with me for the first time since we met back in 2002.

Now, the odd thing is, I cant remember being more annoying than usual. Im buggered if I can remember being any different than I was before the pills, right? But she swears that Im almost constantly trying to wind her up, and if I dont stop soon, shes gonna kill me.

Weather thats because of the pills or just because Im becoming more of a git in my old age Im not sure, but she was begging me to go off the pills and start smoking again before she slit my throat with a can opener or something.

I've been silently following this thread for several weeks now with great interest (and many roars of laughter). I Googled for "Champix forum", and up your thread came, Jabbers!

I'm now officially a member of the forum, and this is my first posting.

Same smoking story - patches, hypnotherapy, Zyban, exorcists - the works. The last time I quit was the worst in my life... three months fag-free, but horrific depression that refused to go away - until in a weak moment I lit up, when suddenly the world was rosy again, and the occasional ciggie fast became an addiction again.

I swore I'd never attempt to quit again until a magic pill came along, and from what you say Jabbers (echoed by many US forum members, where it's known as CHANTIX), this really could be it.

No problem getting a prescription, given my failed-quits history. (I gather that they won't prescribe it unless you've tried other quit-smoking aids first.)

Well, the prescription is in the chemist, just waiting for me to collect it, and here I am puffing on the last of the duty-frees that my daughter (who just happens to live in Sheffield and just happens to be a SF member) brought back from her recent holiday. How stoopid is that?!

I was going to join the forum and add to this thread once I'd started taking the stuff, but Dilly's post has prompted me to jump in now...

Dilly, according to other stuff I've read you need to take the Champix after a meal, and with a large glass of water. Lots of people suffered from nausea if they took the tablet on an empty stomach, so do make sure you eat first.

I'm very interested to know how you get along, and I'll be joining you very soon! It's great to be able to compare notes.

I'm also very interested in your 'weaning off', Jabbers. Two schools of thought on this, which I'll tell you about nearer the end of your course if you're interested.

I've been silently following this thread for several weeks now with great interest (and many roars of laughter). I Googled for "Champix forum", and up your thread came, Jabbers!

I'm now officially a member of the forum, and this is my first posting. >snip<

You're right, googling champix and forum, brings SF up on page one! This could become a country wide debate!:hihi:

I'm also watching this with interest for when my duty frees run out, good luck with it Slightly Mad and Dilly.

And welcome to the forum:wave: