Giant new Tesco on Spital Hill / Saville Street.

Why do people think,Tesco sell dodgy petrol,its all refined the same,just marketed different.

Any fuel station can sell dodgy fuel, however, I know of 2 people who have filled up at the new Tesco and both within a short period of time had breakdowns due to surplus water in the petrol.

I ran my TDi for a while on supermarket rubbish.

Never again , they use bio fuels which modern cars don't like.

Buy branded it's nOt worth the hassle and risk to your engine.

Who do you think they buy it from there are i think only 11 refineries in the uk. Urban myth i am afraid. Yes i am sure there are different types but bog standard diesel or unleaded are the same no matter where you get it from. The effects of additives are minimal and are a marketing ploy which people fall for. Thats why people pay more for some because they believe the marketing. For very exceptional engines only the best will do but the majority of cars there is no difference. I am sure there may be cases where for a specific car one petrol is better than another but they all are to a minimum grade. Of course where drastic change happens after filling up there could be contamination in the tanks but that is not just supermarkets

I ran my TDi for a while on supermarket rubbish.

Never again , they use bio fuels which modern cars don't like.

Buy branded it's nOt worth the hassle and risk to your engine.

Sainsbury's Petrol is actually (like for like) BP..

i.e Sainsbury's Super Unleaded is equivalent to BP Ultimate

Who do you think they buy it from there are i think only 11 refineries in the uk. Urban myth i am afraid. Yes i am sure there are different types but bog standard diesel or unleaded are the same no matter where you get it from. The effects of additives are minimal and are a marketing ploy which people fall for. Thats why people pay more for some because they believe the marketing. For very exceptional engines only the best will do but the majority of cars there is no difference. I am sure there may be cases where for a specific car one petrol is better than another but they all are to a minimum grade. Of course where drastic change happens after filling up there could be contamination in the tanks but that is not just supermarkets

Actually there is some truth in what he says.. Tesco use Greenergy petrol, and the last time I bothered to look into this they did not provide fuel for any of the other 'name' brands (though might have changed since). Greenergy's 95 RON does use a perecentage of bio-ethanol, and there are no other fuel additives.

Although Tesco also have a deal with Esso too at some of their Metro outlets.

Top post. spot on :thumbsup:

Thinking on too, I do 700miles a week in my VW so I should know the difference between fuels.

I use to use ASDA fuels in Sutton in Ashfield which ran about £15 a day for the 100 mile trip, then I used sainsburys greenhill and putting my regular 20ltrs which should last 300 miles or 3 round trips to work lasted 2, the car drank it like crackers. I can't comment on tesco because it's not local so I don't use it but I understand a while back it was killing lots of sensors in car exhausts systems.

Now I use shell fuels and get the book fuel consumption 65mpg or so 20ltrs equaling 300miles give or take a couple depending on M1 traffic.

Archived