Ineffective Police Force ?

It may also be yourself.

It's good to know that there are people prepared to prioritise our crime, and so diligently defend the police for us - I bet you'd squeal like a pig if it was you on the receiving end of what you see as such a petty crime...

Of course people have to prioritise what officers go to next! What's the alternative?

And incidently. I wouldn't "squeal like a pig" for (what you call) a petty crime. I'd report it via the right channels.

Of course people have to prioritise what officers go to next! What's the alternative?

And incidently. I wouldn't "squeal like a pig" for (what you call) a petty crime. I'd report it via the right channels.

It's not for you to prioritse; in this instance, a little understanding for the victims' distress might be appropriate.

And the point is that reporting crime via 'the right channels' mostly gets little if any responce - at least a show of police interest might make the perpetrators think that somebody is doing something.

How do you rate burglary in your scale of priorities? We were burgled four years ago - the law arrived 9 hours later.

I personally wouldn't be leaving anything to the value of £1000 outside for anyone to steal whether it's locked up or not.

My thoughts exactly, especially if it'd happened before!!

It's not for you to prioritse; in this instance, a little understanding for the victims' distress might be appropriate.

And the point is that reporting crime via 'the right channels' mostly gets little if any responce - at least a show of police interest might make the perpetrators think that somebody is doing something.

How do you rate burglary in your scale of priorities? We were burgled four years ago - the law arrived 9 hours later.

I'm not going to continue with this, if you can't see the reason that incidents are prioritised, then I'm not going to be able to convince you. :)

who's responsibility is it for cctv? is that the police or council? or by the sounds of it joe public!

ive had a simliar experience in the pastwhere they didnt come round, didnt question any people or ask any questions.... they asked me if I had asked neighbours, have any eye witnesses or cctv footage.

err.. and your job is to do what?

edit...its the councils responsibilty..just found out

Hello there please read the following letter and tell me what you think.

When asked if anyone would be coming round I was told that there was no point as the crime was committed outside and no evidence would be found.

This is the useless response we get from the police these days and yet we are always being asked to support the police. It is becoming more and more difficult to feel any respect for the police.

A few years ago I discovered woman's clothing, underwear and an open purse with money split out onto the grass in Longley Park.

I called the police to report it as to me it could have been evidence of a robbery, rape or murder. The woman answering the call asked me to bring all the clothing and the money from the purse into the police station. I could not believe this attitude and I told her so. It was another hour before two police men ambled over from their car and rummaged through the clothes.

No police ever came and asked me any thing so I have to assume that no crime had been committed. But what if a major crime had occurred and if I had brought in the clothing and sullied the evidence? I could have been a suspect I don't have a lot of confidence with the police any more.

fact. does cctv stop crime. no does it make it a safer place no

your all liveing in blairs technicolored world tony as brung us to the ground in truely a class way. nice one tb you worked them all to the very end.:gag:

I have CCTV which records 24/7 anyone who comes onto my drive, and a couple of years ago I scanned through it, as i do most mornings, and saw a youth come up my drive in the early hours and look through my car windows with a torch.

I contacted the police and told them, only to be asked "did he take anything"?

When I told them no they said that there was nothing that they could do.

OK, he did not take anything in my case as there was nothing of value in view, but you can bet that if he was out looking into cars with a torch, some poor devil on the estate will have been broken into and if the police had taken the time and trouble to come and view my footage they probably could have solved someone else's crime.

*snippy* they said that there was nothing that they could do. *snippy* and if the police had taken the time and trouble to come and view my footage they probably could have solved someone else's crime.

I think this is the main problem that gets people's backs up, there's hardly ever "anything they can do" or so it seems from the stories we all hear. Surely, they could despatch a gofer to collect your tape and look at it, it doesn't need a highly trained CID officer to look at a cctv tape and make a note of anything that might be interesting in the light of other crimes committed in the area during the timescale?

It just smacks of people who have no interest in actually putting in the groundwork to solve any of the low level 'petty crime' that gets most of us angry. There's no glory or excitment in it I suppose.

I was watching Taggart or some such programme involving several "murrrrdars" and if the original officer had bothered to watch the cctv tapes in full, he would have seen something that would have possibly prevented them ... fiction of course, but it does make you think ...

its not suprising people feel let down by the police, they themselves know the constraints they have.. basically our laws arent good enough and clearly arent working. In the long run tougher police on little scrotes would be best, because one day they will try to steal the wrong car, or put thru the wrong window...and they will get a pasting.

And if you are under a certain age...you can do what you want.. you can get away with it scot free.

A few years ago I discovered woman's clothing, underwear and an open purse with money split out onto the grass in Longley Park.

I called the police to report it as to me it could have been evidence of a robbery, rape or murder. The woman answering the call asked me to bring all the clothing and the money from the purse into the police station. I could not believe this attitude and I told her so. It was another hour before two police men ambled over from their car and rummaged through the clothes.

No police ever came and asked me any thing so I have to assume that no crime had been committed. But what if a major crime had occurred and if I had brought in the clothing and sullied the evidence? I could have been a suspect I don't have a lot of confidence with the police any more.

And I'm the Queen of Sheba.

I have CCTV which records 24/7 anyone who comes onto my drive, and a couple of years ago I scanned through it, as i do most mornings, and saw a youth come up my drive in the early hours and look through my car windows with a torch.

I contacted the police and told them, only to be asked "did he take anything"?

When I told them no they said that there was nothing that they could do.

OK, he did not take anything in my case as there was nothing of value in view, but you can bet that if he was out looking into cars with a torch, some poor devil on the estate will have been broken into and if the police had taken the time and trouble to come and view my footage they probably could have solved someone else's crime.

So no crime was committed, unless there was trespass. The police can't act when nothing has happened.

Even if they DO commit a crime elsewhere, the fact that they DIDN'T commit a crime on your video won't mean a thing.