Where do you buy your needles?

In my small collection of needles, I have pony bamboo, inox/prym bamboo and clover bamboo straight needles. Recently I have bought brittany dpn's and an addi turbo circular - haven't used either of these yet as I haven't got round to doing the project.

Being on a very tight budget (as in I haven't really got one and shouldn't but do :hihi: ), I buy for each project as I go. So each time I do search online - most of my stuff has come from Get Knitted as they turn out to be the cheapest usually, but recently found these to places to be cheap for what I needed: Yarnsmith DT Crafts

JillM - about the surina dpn's. When doing some searching for my dpn's, I read on a forum that the thinner surina needles are prone to splitting - Found the thread - about the 9th down. HTH

Thanks Rooty, I was 4 posts in before I realised people were talking about knitting needles! Scary.

Thanks Rooty, I was 4 posts in before I realised people were talking about knitting needles! Scary.

The fact that you're in the knitting group should probably have given the game away :lol: .

Have you tried the charity shops?

Have you tried the charity shops?

I haven't actually, though I shall certainly keep my eyes open. I've bought second-hand needles from Ebay, though it's sometimes hit and miss as to their quality.

I always mean to search the racks for jumpers made out of nice yarn that could withstand being unravelled and recycled, though I haven't got around to that either. I read an article a while back about what to look for. It's apparently a good way of getting cheapish yarn, though I imagine you have to be a bit lucky to come across something that you're really interested in and which will be appropriate for, and withstand, the unravelling.

The fact that you're in the knitting group should probably have given the game away :lol: .

Hehe, Nope. I was doing some general browsing but since today, every time I click "View New Posts" I seem to be getting them from all categories, not just the ones I subscribed to! (General & Going Out) The "View My Posts" option has disappeared too, I think they're doing some maintenence on the site tbh.

Hehe, Nope. I was doing some general browsing but since today, every time I click "View New Posts" I seem to be getting them from all categories, not just the ones I subscribed to! (General & Going Out) The "View My Posts" option has disappeared too, I think they're doing some maintenence on the site tbh.

There's a big software upgrade going on at the minute. Give it a day or so and you'll be knit-free, though you might have to go through the selection process again :) .

On the 'View New Posts' section it tells you in which section each new post is located, so you've really no excuse. I reckon you're a closet knitter in denial ;) .

There's a big software upgrade going on at the minute. Give it a day or so and you'll be knit-free, though you might have to go through the selection process again :) .

On the 'View New Posts' section it tells you in which section each new post is located, so you've really no excuse. I reckon you're a closet knitter in denial ;) .

Haha, perhaps you're right ...maybe a sleep knitter or a subconscious knitter?! I often wonder where all these erroneous scarves and ill-fitting garish pullovers keep appearing from!

:hihi:

I've got a set of Denise's so in theory, I shouldn't need anymore (so I told hubby anyway!) but when I do, its usually from Get Knitted (10% off!!)

Thanks for all the comments re needle preferences/sizes/types etc. I think I will definitely avoid the thinner surinas as I can see that the wood may be too soft to withstand use by a committed knitter! There is a huge trade show in Birmingham next month so I may hang fire and see if there are any new options for brands/suppliers.

LisaH - let me know if I can get you a set of Knitpicks options when I am in the US in April.

........Must put the prices of needles on my web site..........

Jill - I got an email from an internet shop in response to an enquiry about Addi Turbos saying they're really hard to get hold of in the UK at the moment, they didn't have any and it would be unlikely that anyone else would! Just a consideration...(I bought some from another shop without a problem:rolleyes: )

Great idea to stock wooden DPNs, I ordered some last week and they still haven't come :(

Where do I find your website BTW?

Jill - I got an email from an internet shop in response to an enquiry about Addi Turbos saying they're really hard to get hold of in the UK at the moment, they didn't have any and it would be unlikely that anyone else would! Just a consideration...(I bought some from another shop without a problem:rolleyes: )

Great idea to stock wooden DPNs, I ordered some last week and they still haven't come :(

Where do I find your website BTW?

Have you checked here for the sizes that you want - she had a very good range of sizes and was very reasonably priced.