Your best gig this year?

Best gigs all to come in Dec Phonics in Manchester, Phonics in Sheffield, Phonics in Bimigham, Phonics in London

Just saw Kings Of Leon at Sheffield Arena and they were brilliant! Did around 1h 45min set with a great mix of old and new (My Party, Joe's Head, Molly's Chamber, Sex On Fire, Closer, Cold Desert). Definitely a band I have to see live again. Wasn't too keen on the support act, called M18(?) or something, though.

Best gigs all to come in Dec Phonics in Manchester, Phonics in Sheffield, Phonics in Bimigham, Phonics in London

Wow! I bow to your commitment. I remember you telling me about all these ages ago - well jealous! I'll be there at Sheffield though with bells on. (last day at work too!)

Not sure if you've seen this but they are doing a blog of the tour...one to be posted on each leg ... here is why there are my favourite band too.:)

Vegas Two Times-opening number

Just saw Kings Of Leon at Sheffield Arena and they were brilliant! Did around 1h 45min set with a great mix of old and new (My Party, Joe's Head, Molly's Chamber, Sex On Fire, Closer, Cold Desert). Definitely a band I have to see live again. Wasn't too keen on the support act, called M18(?) or something, though.

They were called M83, and they were absolutely dire. KoL were excellent though.

Eraserhead at Tinnitus, DJ Rephlex Records at our launch party... LFO and Luke Vibert is bound to be rather special this Friday too...!

Vegas Two Times-opening number

Wow, can't wait now. Phonics rule. I have been trying to not look at the setlists from previous gigs but it is proving difficult.

Isis at Corp last night were pretty damned fantastic.

Sex Patels @The Boardwalk last month top notch,also Alabama 3 @ The Plug was pretty god damn awesome:thumbsup:

I haven't been to the best gig of the year yet-it's going to be The Pogues next friday.

I was right!!! I think perhaps I ought to apply for that clarevoyants job on that other thread.

not really been to many gigs this year, but The Last Shadow Puppets at sheffield city hall was very very very good :)

Saturday just gone, saw the awesome Warrior Soul at Corporation. First time I've seen them since 1995! Still full on rock 'n' roll action. Phenomenal. Frontman Kory Clarke is a loose cannon, and an outstanding performer! Support act was Ricky Warwick, formerly of the Almighty, doing an acoustic set. 'Twas good!