Blades Chat #6 Discuss Sheffield United here

tosh13

West Ham could face a points deduction over the transfers of Javier Mascherano and Carlos Tevez in August.

The Premier League will decide today whether to charge the Hammers after they reportedly failed to hand over vital documentation about the Argentine pair. Tevez and Mascherano were owned by a third party - Media Sports Investment - and that may well have breached Premier League regulations.

what abouts portsmouth? they also fielded an illegal player!

West Ham have been charged by the Premier League with breaching rules over the signings of Argentina stars Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano. The club are accused of breaking Premier League rules which forbids the ownership of players'Furthermore at the time of the transfer agreements for both Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano, and until 24 January 2007, West Ham United failed to disclose the third party agreements to the Premier League and / or deliberately withheld these agreements from the Premier League.'The League continued: 'The board's view is this constitutes a breach of rule B.13, which states 'In all matters and transactions relating to the League each club shall behave towards each other club and the League with the utmost good faith'.

'West Ham United have 14 days within which to respond to these charges.

West Ham have been charged by the Premier League with breaching rules over the signings of Argentina stars Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano. The club are accused of breaking Premier League rules which forbids the ownership of players'Furthermore at the time of the transfer agreements for both Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano, and until 24 January 2007, West Ham United failed to disclose the third party agreements to the Premier League and / or deliberately withheld these agreements from the Premier League.'The League continued: 'The board's view is this constitutes a breach of rule B.13, which states 'In all matters and transactions relating to the League each club shall behave towards each other club and the League with the utmost good faith'.

'West Ham United have 14 days within which to respond to these charges.

If they do lose points should be for next season,I cannot see them staying up.

If they do lose points should be for next season,I cannot see them staying up.

Good point that.

If they're going down anyway, then losing ten points now will have no punishment value. Starting next season in league one with -10 will be much more effective.

The legend of Bobby Moore still lingers no chance of any punishment.

I must admit it was a strange set of circumstances the two argy transfers.

I for one welcome back the addition of Quinn to central midfield lets hope not spoken too soon though.

I wonder if the FA let Mascherano go the scallies because of the initial ineligebility?