What's the point of ASBOs?

Horlicks .... Class 'A'.:thumbsup:

Oh well, thought it might something more interesting. I'm currently on Sainsbury's whisky myself. Cheers, hic!

Oh well, thought it might something more interesting. I'm currently on Sainsbury's whisky myself. Cheers, hic!

Edinburgh? Sainsbury's whisky? :gag: Say ten 'Hail Marys', and redeem thyself. :hihi: What must the locals think?:confused:

But one person breached their ASBO 24 times! Whats the point in ASBOs if they are not being policed properly.

Yep, too right. ASBO's are seen as a total solution. They are not. If some miscreant wishes to ignore it, they will. And stick a finger or two up as well.

Breaches of ASBO's MUST be be met with swift and severe penalties.

Theoretically, an ASBO is a warning that if certain behaviour continues, you will go to prison.

Unfortunately, prison is no longer a deterrent to your average low-life.

Until prison becomes a real punishment we are all on a hiding to nothing.

Why are the prisons full?

Why do prisoners reoffend?

No simple answer, I agree, but a large proportion of the problem is that prison offers no deterrent.

But one person breached their ASBO 24 times! Whats the point in ASBOs if they are not being policed properly.

I imagine it would be very easy to breach an ASBO 24 times in just one day if you wanted to. It would be interesting to know the exact details of each case though, and consider what could have been done better. ASBOs are still a very new thing, so it would be foolish to expect the system to work perfectly immediately.

No simple answer, I agree, but a large proportion of the problem is that prison offers no deterrent.

I agree that prisons aren't as deterrent as they should be.

I think prisons should be made a place to be dreaded. If people have done things bad enough to deserve being sent to prison they should be fed only very basic foods such as bread and water, and they shouldn't be allowed TVs, pool tables etc.

We...sorry, they.....could colonise Mars. Can't make the atmosphere worse, cos there ain't any.:thumbsup:

Well, actually, there is..96% carbon dioxide, some nitrogen, some water vapour, and an abverage pressure of 13-18 mb, compared to 1000 mb here on Earth.. but there is an atmosphere....

Well, actually, there is..96% carbon dioxide, some nitrogen, some water vapour, and an abverage pressure of 13-18 mb, compared to 1000 mb here on Earth.. but there is an atmosphere....

Changed since I was last there then.:o

Suitable for the survival of lower lifeforms such as the ASBO strain would you say?

Asbo's are a very effective method of scumbags keeping score as to who is the most offensive, socially inept and vile amongst thier wretched peers.

"I'm banned from Foxhill, Gleadless, Crookes, Commonside, Norton Lees, Hillsborough, Stannington, City Centre, Ranmoor and Crystal Peaks!"

"You b*stard! I've not managed to get Norton Lees yet!"

It takes the mick, scumbags with scorecards ........ all sponsored by my damned taxes.

It takes the mick, scumbags with scorecards ........ all sponsored by my damned taxes.

When it would be cheaper to airlift them, 100 at a time, and dump them in the crater of Krakatoa.

Lets go balls out Saxon, We'll drop them in Basra and Helmand. On the bright side it'll solve out problem and it'll give the septics something to shoot at :D

Lets go balls out Saxon, We'll drop them in Basra and Helmand. On the bright side it'll solve out problem and it'll give the septics something to shoot at :D

Don't fancy the 'balls out' idea. Anything that isn't tied down, secured, or out of sight will probably get nicked by one of the filth.

Like the Basra idea though. :thumbsup: