What date was Mothers day 1969

I’m trying to find the date of Mothers day (England) 1969.

I have tried the net but get all different answers, so I tried to work it out, maths never was my strong point.

------

Mothers day falls on the 4th Sunday of lent...

Lent being the 40-day period leading up to Easter.

--------

Easter falls on the first Sunday following the first ecclesiastical full moon that occurs on or after the day of the vernal equinox;

The ecclesiastical full moon is the 14th day of a tabular lunation (new moon); and

the vernal equinox is fixed as March 21.

------

So by my calculations Easter 1969 fell on the 23 march, and so mothers day must have fell on the 9th march. (That can’t be right, I must have messed up somewere).

It would be a lot easier if one of you have a 1969 calendar handy.

Hi. the best way to find this out is to ring Civic Information in Sheffield. The number is in the book. I am assuming you are in Sheffield. If not let me know and I will ring them for you. They may not be able to help, but I asked them which year voting was changed from Saturday to Thursday - and they knew.

Using a 1969 calendar generated by MS Publisher

Easter Sunday was the 6th April according to http://www.geocities.com/hjsmithh/Easter/EasterD.html

Easter sunday marks the end of the forty days of lent, so counting 40 days backwards (Excluding Sundays) brings us to Ash wednesday, the start of lent, on the 19th of February.

Mothering Sunday is the fourth Sunday of lent so:

By my calculations it was 16th March 1969

But then again, maths were never my strong point

my mum went in hospital on mothers day 1966 which was the 20th March so I think that it would have been 16th March to take into account a leap year

my mum went in hospital on mothers day 1966 which was the 20th March so I think that it would have been 16th March to take into account a leap year

Easter is a moveable feast, therefore so is lent, so it would not work that M's D would fall on the same weekend each year.

PT

Why do you want to know ? Just curious !

Why do you want to know ? Just curious !

Research for a story I am writing, so I like to get the facts as near as damit, you know how pedantic readers can be.

Mother's Day date can change, but it's almost between the middle and end of March.