Scotland To Endorse Assisted Dying

1 hour ago, Zach Clay said:

No in wasnt making light of the situation.....it must be so heart breaking for someone who is suffering so much that they want to end their life. 

I can understand people who are unable to physically commit suicide but many are capable.

But getting on a plane with all your family and actually going somewhere to do it seems worse for me.

I believe that if someone wants to end their life then thats up to them. 

The government shouldnt have a say.....they already control every aspect of our lives so i would want to take that power away from them and go when i want to go.

By taking a massive dose of Heroin 

Agreed.

6 hours ago, gaz678 said:

Think it's right as long as the person knows what's happening better to end it than live in misary. I for one would want it if I was  in pain and terminal .

Have the UK MPs voted on this issue, I dont recall?

25 minutes ago, spilldig said:

Not as far fetched as it may sound.  Some people are extremely greedy and I can see pressure  being put on people by relatives.

I don’t believe that I could sanction that, it’s murder by default, as for my own life, I may have to consider it at some future stage.

• Sad 1

All these laws that Scotland is introducing are purely political

They learnt during COVID that every time they create a law they take a tiny piece of power away from parliament

I dont remember the intricate details of devolution but im pretty sure it didnt involve making your own laws 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zach Clay said:

What ive never understood is why dont they just end their live themselves?

Why do they go all the way to a clinic in Switzerland?

There are lots of ways you can commit suicide....an overdose is easy enough  

See doctor Harrold Shipman he sorted things out !

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Have the UK MPs voted on this issue, I dont recall?

Was on TV news this morning 

Why go to Switzerland have a skinful and walk into the sea when at night.

I was wondering how " Dignitas " does it,?  it can't be that easy, look at the Yanks, they find it so hard to kill prisoners, they change the method regularly, and quite often mess it up.

15 minutes ago, aardvark6535 said:

I was wondering how " Dignitas " does it,?  it can't be that easy, look at the Yanks, they find it so hard to kill prisoners, they change the method regularly, and quite often mess it up.

The Guillotine never fails....

The Scottish parliament should not have the power to introduce such legislation. It will be wrong for assisted deaths to be legalised in just one region of the UK.  Any policy of this nature should be made by the Westminster Parliament and apply throughout the whole of the UK.  Time to close the Scottish parliament down and return to pre devolution days.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Axe said:

The Scottish parliament should not have the power to introduce such legislation. It will be wrong for assisted deaths to be legalised in just one region of the UK.  Any policy of this nature should be made by the Westminster Parliament and apply throughout the whole of the UK.  Time to close the Scottish parliament down and return to pre devolution days.

I totally agree!The SNP/Green rulers are taking the **** again!!Devolution should never have happened and the assembly do not know when to stop making their own rules,things like foreign ambassadors,hate speech laws etc. are not in their remit (along with a lot of other things they do!)