Scotland To Endorse Assisted Dying

Think it's right as long as the person knows what's happening better to end it than live in misary. I for one would want it if I was  in pain and terminal .

• Like 1

As long as they don’t make it compulsory. :suspect:

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, gaz678 said:

Think it's right as long as the person knows what's happening better to end it than live in misary. I for one would want it if I was  in pain and terminal .

What ive never understood is why dont they just end their live themselves?

Why do they go all the way to a clinic in Switzerland?

There are lots of ways you can commit suicide....an overdose is easy enough  

What if the overdose doesn’t work and you are left alive but your guts are ruined ?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

What if the overdose doesn’t work and you are left alive but your guts are ruined ?

Correct, which leads us to professional assistance, which essentially is the same as Assisted Dying.

There was a poison ring for sale on ebay recently!

58 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

Or you start to vomit, not a nice way to die and certainly not a quick death.  I agree with what you were saying

• Like 2

Most of these patients have access to some extremely powerful drugs and painkillers like morphine.

Personally id just start taking heroin.....it would eventually kill me but at least id go out feeling amazing.

If someone wants to take their own life I would guess they would want it to happen quicker than eventually but I suspect your comment was tongue in cheek.

10 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

If someone wants to take their own life I would guess they would want it to happen quicker than eventually but I suspect your comment was tongue in cheek.

No in wasnt making light of the situation.....it must be so heart breaking for someone who is suffering so much that they want to end their life. 

I can understand people who are unable to physically commit suicide but many are capable.

But getting on a plane with all your family and actually going somewhere to do it seems worse for me.

I believe that if someone wants to end their life then thats up to them. 

The government shouldnt have a say.....they already control every aspect of our lives so i would want to take that power away from them and go when i want to go.

By taking a massive dose of Heroin 

27 minutes ago, Zach Clay said:

Most of these patients have access to some extremely powerful drugs and painkillers like morphine.

Personally id just start taking heroin.....it would eventually kill me but at least id go out feeling amazing.

An American comedian once said 'would you rather die from a nuclear holocaust or a heroin overdose' - easy choice!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crookesey said:

As long as they don’t make it compulsory. :suspect:

Not as far fetched as it may sound.  Some people are extremely greedy and I can see pressure  being put on people by relatives.

• Like 1