A Pinch Of Snuff.

sure its tobbacco guys then with added flavours,but grinded to powder

With some additives for smell I think , menthol etc . 

9 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Yes  very finely ground down .

Never knew it was Tobacco H.

Another thing, I've not come across Pipe smokers for years now.

At one time they were quite common.

OOPS !!- I never knew it was tobacco, and neither did my mates at school.  We all used to think it was the fine dust-like powder that came from cutting up or sanding wood!  As a result, we collected it after Woodwork lessons, saved it and used that as snuff.  I even remember some kids selling it to others who didn't do Woodwork yet as they were too young.

Anyone know of any health issues (or benefits) from inhaling wood?

• Haha 1

I once went in Wilsons (The production part)

I don't have a clue how those people worked in there. I couldn't breath! I'm sure it was something they just got used to, and very much doubt if it's the same now, with new H&S rules. I went in there decades ago (maybe 2?) Definitely a menthol/mint smell, and the air was thick with the dust.

Never tried snuff. And I'm surprised it's still a thing. It may be addictive if it's a tobacco product (I didn't know it was tobacco either)

Snuff is a type of smokeless tobacco product made from finely ground or pulverized tobacco leaves. It is snorted or "sniffed" (alternatively sometimes written as "snuffed") into the nasal cavity, delivering nicotine and a flavored scent to the user (especially if flavoring has been blended with the tobacco)

Snuff is readily available over the counter in most European tobacco shops. It is subject to the same sale and purchase age restrictions as with other tobacco products in accordance with local laws. In the United Kingdom, tobacco duty is not charged on "nasal" snuff tobacco.

In the Republic of Ireland it is illegal to take snuff in workplaces and bars.

• Thanks 1

When I moved to Sheff, I used to frequent the Millhouses pub, where there was a pianist who used to walk around the pub offering everybody a pinch, including all the ladies. Norman the pianist......who has permanent snuff on his lapel s!!

12 hours ago, peak4 said:

Wilsons is still in business by the looks of it

https://sharrowmills.com/

I recall, (many years ago) pulling into the fuel station adjacent to Hadfields Jaguar on Sharrow Vale Rd, where two smartly dressed young ladies were offering customers a pinch of snuff. Obviously being promoted by the nearby snuff makers.

I seem to remember that smoking addicted coal miners were the primary users of snuff, but then again coal mining was a massive employer.

12 hours ago, Padders said:

Never knew it was Tobacco H.

Another thing, I've not come across Pipe smokers for years now.

At one time they were quite common.

You will still find plenty of pipe smokers if you venture down some of the back alleys in Sheffield.  :hihi:

Smokers used to use it in places where smoking was banned, such as Coal Mines and Hospitals.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Smokers used to use it in places where smoking was banned, such as Coal Mines and Hospitals.

True :thumbsup: