Another Big Crash At Meadowhead

its all a mess and with a ground for 5,000 people with cricket,football,rugby and more and only parking for 500 cars theres more problems as that affects the lowedges junction ,plus the lights before that,but i have nothing against the ground being built but i hope they get it right, i am sure they will do bands as well and some seasons overlap,plus circus ect. plus the added problems of traffic via woodseats as well.

On 15/03/2024 at 00:16, peak4 said:

Except that the first pair of signs are a bit misleading to someone unfamiliar with the area, as they all show straight on; I do think it would be helpful if the green signs reflected the lane markings.
The next one doesn't help much as it doesn't mention Chesterfield, and I think that's the last one, unless there are more that I don't remember.
The only other indication is the one arrow on the tarmac in the left hand lane, which might have a vehicle obscuring it, and is also hard to see in the dark when it's raining.

image_2024-03-14_230932351.png

image_2024-03-14_231125668.png

There is this sign before the two you show whch shows directions for the upcoming roundabout.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.3271714,-1.4703271,3a,65.4y,248.09h,91.74t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sMj0UhthJKWyhQcCEsd94UQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

16 minutes ago, bassett one said:

its all a mess and with a ground for 5,000 people with cricket,football,rugby and more and only parking for 500 cars theres more problems as that affects the lowedges junction ,plus the lights before that,but i have nothing against the ground being built but i hope they get it right, i am sure they will do bands as well and some seasons overlap,plus circus ect. plus the added problems of traffic via woodseats as well.

It isn't going to be every day at rush hour - and not 5,000 for every Sheffield FC / Eagles game. How do y ou think they cope round Hillsborough and Bramall Lane with crowds much bigger?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Longcol said:

There is this sign before the two you show whch shows directions for the upcoming roundabout.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.3271714,-1.4703271,3a,65.4y,248.09h,91.74t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sMj0UhthJKWyhQcCEsd94UQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

Yes I appreciate that, but again it gives no idea of lanes, and is only on the central reservation, so likely not visible if a driver has a high sided vehicle to their right.
I do use the roundabout from time to time, and know which lane to take, but the fist time I visited it after the new layout, I was less than impressed.

8 hours ago, bassett one said:

You have never mentioned this before??!?! 

the roundabout is no problem to competent drivers, its the idiots that cant follows lines that cause the issues, usually young or female! however the main problem and causes for the crashes are at the top of greenhill ave where traffic turns across in front of a pedestrian crossing which some assume are the same light both sides? this is a give way junction , although it should be completely traffic light controlled as the number of accidents with idiots turning right into on coming traffic thinking they are on red ......they are Not!

I'm just glad no pedestrians were hurt.

If a driver is involved in 3 own fault accidents they should have to re-sit an advanced driving course 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

If a driver is involved in 3 own fault accidents they should have to re-sit an advanced driving course 

Perhaps all drivers should have to re-sit the driving test every 5 years, complete with theory test on any new laws introduced in the intervening years.

the trouble with that its a long waiting time already, plus how many would pass as most dont keep to the rules anyway, but most never get caught  as lots of ideas used are not feasable to police. take the 20mph for one.

2 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

Perhaps all drivers should have to re-sit the driving test every 5 years, complete with theory test on any new laws introduced in the intervening years.

For Gods sake man stop beating it up! It’s no worse than any other roundabout.

• Like 3

On 16/03/2024 at 10:07, ab6262 said:

the roundabout is no problem to competent drivers, its the idiots that cant follows lines that cause the issues, usually young or female! however the main problem and causes for the crashes are at the top of greenhill ave where traffic turns across in front of a pedestrian crossing which some assume are the same light both sides? this is a give way junction , although it should be completely traffic light controlled as the number of accidents with idiots turning right into on coming traffic thinking they are on red ......they are Not!

Good grief, do you actually live on Planet Dinosaur!  I’ve seen the idiots that can’t follow lines are not ‘usually young or female’ back here in Planet Earth.  I have witnessed many of these said idiots and can safely say they come in all ages, genders, colours and creeds.  You sir, have what is known as ‘confirmation bias’.  If you see a young lass not following lines, you see that as proof that a young female is inherently less capable of driving.  If you see a middle aged bloke not following lines you don’t think that’s because he’s a middle aged bloke do you?  You just think he a bad driver. 

• Like 1