School Allows Fake Eyelashes To Be Part Of Uniform

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

It is. Read the op.

If you think it is about something else, how about writing a couple of paragraphs to explain what you mean.

You’re a clever bloke . You know full well , there’s more to this story than just eyelashes. 

Edited by hackey lad

5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

You’re a clever bloke . You know full well , there’s more to this story than just eyelashes. 

I’m clever enough to know a charlatan when I meet one.

Are you going to advance your argument, or shall I get on with my crossword?

Posted (edited)

If someone had informed me that schoolgirls were wearing false eyelashes I would have paid no heed,  sort of 'no harm done' so unless school fashion is going to get more

daring or is being 'pushed' that way by the pupils then someone is going to have to put their foot down,  maybe at a PTA.

Edited by cressida
  • Like 2

My older sis used to wear false eyelashes to school in the late 1960s à la Dusty Springfield.

15 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Headmaster says attendance affected by students taking time off for lash appointments or refusing to attend for mental health considerations

A school has changed its uniform rules to allow students to wear fake eyelashes due to “mental health considerations”.

Parents were sent a letter about the change after attendance was affected by youngsters taking time off due to lash appointments and their mental well-being.

David Collins, the headmaster of the Knole Academy in Sevenoaks in Kent, said students were missing school to have their lashes removed or refusing to attend school without them.

The letter continued: “Having students in school is the most important consideration and therefore, from Monday February 19 we shall allow false eyelashes to be worn as long as they are discrete.”

He added they made changes to a uniform “when changes in society make a previous standpoint redundant or untenable”.A further decline in societal standards or a fuss about nothing?

Your thoughts,.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/02/29/fake-eyelashes-school-uniform-mental-david-collins-knole/

Your thoughts?

11 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

My older sis used to wear false eyelashes to school in the late 1960s à la Dusty Springfield.

Was she the daughter of a preacher man?😃

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

Mine too.

Made a right mess of her breakfast in bed.

After the six weeks holidays I turned up to School wearing a false beard, I might have got away with it if wasn't for only being 12. :hihi:

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

After the six weeks holidays I turned up to School wearing a false beard, I might have got away with it if wasn't for only being 12. :hihi:

Now that I can believe.

Some girls wore fake eyelashes at school but they were made to take them off. The uniform was strict and they told me to cut my hair or I weren't allowed in school. 

Absolutely ridiculous. Children, and they are children, need a consistent structure with boundaries to work within. Teens will always try to push the boundaries but when a school concedes the high ground it’s a case of the  tail wagging the dog or the lunatics running the asylum.

They talk about pupils not having respect for teachers well letting the former do what they want won’t improve that situation.

echo.

• Like 2

Once saw a volkswagen Beetle with big eye lashes !