Sheffield Station Campus Development

IMG_3662.thumb.jpeg.f3d597b6b1bd7fa3b26b5df33d463702.jpeg

From The Tribune (do subscribe— it’s really worth it!)

“The Sheffield Station Campus masterplan will provide 800 new homes and 20,000 sqm of commercial floorspace. Last year, the government-owned property developer LCR acquired the site currently occupied by DFS for £5.4 million with help from Sheffield City Council, the South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority, Homes England and Network Rail. Part of the new vision for the station includes an office building on the vacant plot next to Sheaf Square. From here, a footbridge over the tracks will be built so pedestrians no longer have to use the train station.”

More: https://open.substack.com/pub/thetribune/p/the-hanging-gardens-of-moorfoot-lets

No change to the access for taxi's or drop off, even worse is more residential in the area.

Tried to pick up my wife on Friday mid-afternoon. Chaos everywhere with taxis fighting to get in to drop off, queues of taxis waiting to get in and too many people waiting to pick up.  All with one road in and out.  Compare that to Manchester or Leeds station access,

Yes knock all that Fiesta, Roxy, Bingo building down a right urine stinking poo hole.

Just now, prince al said:

Yes knock all that Fiesta, Roxy, Bingo building down a right urine stinking poo hole.

That is nowhere near this area.

• Like 1

Knock that Showroom building down as well, a real eyesore!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, hsb98c said:

No change to the access for taxi's or drop off, even worse is more residential in the area.

Tried to pick up my wife on Friday mid-afternoon. Chaos everywhere with taxis fighting to get in to drop off, queues of taxis waiting to get in and too many people waiting to pick up.  All with one road in and out.  Compare that to Manchester or Leeds station access,

Have you driven to Leeds Station recently?

I did wonder whether to put Leeds in to be honest.  I was more thinking of the various access points but I take your point.

2 hours ago, hsb98c said:

Taxi situation is down to the lack of control and enforcement by SCC's Licencing department. Just letting them park up anywhere when the rank is full. 

• Like 1

Need to sort the air pollution or they'll be building a load of empty buildings

17 hours ago, Resident said:

Taxi situation is down to the lack of control and enforcement by SCC's Licencing department. Just letting them park up anywhere when the rank is full. 

Parking enforcement isnt dealt with by the licensing dept. 

The enforcement team do try to deal with ranking issues but what usually happens is when the CEO’s turn up, the taxis drive off and come back when they are gone.

Some of the access road into the station is private land and the council can’t enforce it anyway.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, prince al said:

Knock that Showroom building down as well, a real eyesore!

Aww no! It's a classic example of a 1930s art deco commercial building. Beautiful in the eye of this beholder.

• Like 1

Ticket gates may well be erected at Sheffield station if this goes ahead. From speaking with Revenue Managers at the East Midlands franchise, they were still in the process of trying to get them put in, despite various knock backs.