Chris Wilder

I am a Blade. I just don't do the emotional links with the past that cloud judgement. We need a new owner, and a completely fresh start with new energy and thoughts.

2 hours ago, POUNDSWORTH said:

If theres room for a Blade on this thread !   my humble opinion is Wilder is the best man for the job, so i dont think even he can save us this season, but the improvement and planing for next season is there to see.

The Championship is a great league, and clubs with a 10 year plan to the Premiership  should be careful for what they wish for !   its all greed and with its fair share of cheats, with very little in the way of real punishment, the league has always had favourites , the top four may now be a top six, but money will always talk . Lets be honest no Sheffield club will have the leader,the cash or a top six standing ! not in my life time.

Leicester did it .

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Leicester did it .

Leicester did it in 2015- 2016 which is coming up ten years ago. Their squad cost £72 million and their wage bill was £64 million. Congratulations to them, others spent far more but Leicester weren't the smallest spenders.

Things have changed, the money now spent is ridiculous. Some clubs spent that much previously that they have managed to offload players and make the balance look better. West Hams figures look good because of the Declan Rice sale for £100 million. Brighton did the same thing with Caicedo to Chelsea.  Others are not as fortunate.

https://www.squawka.com/en/news/premier-league-net-spend-2022-23/

We kicked off with a weaker squad than we qualified for promotion with, then suffered a load of injuries to key players and have an owner that has little interest in us and doesn't want to spend.

We're going down and nothing will change until we get new owners that have ambition. Even then the financial obstacles have ruled out all but the Big Clubs, it's no longer a sport, it's a business and fans don't matter.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Leicester did it in 2015- 2016 which is coming up ten years ago. Their squad cost £72 million and their wage bill was £64 million. Congratulations to them, others spent far more but Leicester weren't the smallest spenders.

Things have changed, the money now spent is ridiculous. Some clubs spent that much previously that they have managed to offload players and make the balance look better. West Hams figures look good because of the Declan Rice sale for £100 million. Brighton did the same thing with Caicedo to Chelsea.  Others are not as fortunate.

https://www.squawka.com/en/news/premier-league-net-spend-2022-23/

We kicked off with a weaker squad than we qualified for promotion with, then suffered a load of injuries to key players and have an owner that has little interest in us and doesn't want to spend.

We're going down and nothing will change until we get new owners that have ambition. Even then the financial obstacles have ruled out all but the Big Clubs, it's no longer a sport, it's a business and fans don't matter.

I do not know how much Uniteds current squad cost or the wages involved to compare ,

15 hours ago, m williamson said:

And that, in a nutshell is why we are where we are.

Not Heckingbottams fault.

Not Wilders fault.

• Like 1

What was I saying about one of the Premiership downsides I don't like; the messing about with fixtures.   The game against Liverpool at Anfield has now been selected for tv & is now on 4th April.  Consequently, the following game against Chelsea at BDTBL has now been shifted to Sunday 7th April with a 13:30 kick-off. 

Also on that day, Sheffield's Half Marathon with most of the city centre & surrounding roads along the marathon route shut off.  

41 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

What was I saying about one of the Premiership downsides I don't like; the messing about with fixtures.   The game against Liverpool at Anfield has now been selected for tv & is now on 4th April.  Consequently, the following game against Chelsea at BDTBL has now been shifted to Sunday 7th April with a 13:30 kick-off. 

Also on that day, Sheffield's Half Marathon with most of the city centre & surrounding roads along the marathon route shut off.  

Sky don’t give a muck about loyal fans.

On 27/02/2024 at 20:53, m williamson said:

it's no longer a sport, it's a business and fans don't matter.

The fans are only seen as a cash cow, why else do some teams need 3 kits other than to generate more money from the fans.

New Premier League kits 2023-24: Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City among clubs to release home shirts - Live - BBC Sport

24 minutes ago, iansheff said:

The fans are only seen as a cash cow, why else do some teams need 3 kits other than to generate more money from the fans.

New Premier League kits 2023-24: Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City among clubs to release home shirts - Live - BBC Sport

Nobody is forced to buy them. I’ve never felt the need.

1 minute ago, Jim Hardie said:

Nobody is forced to buy them. I’ve never felt the need.

I never did but there are people who will buy them because it is their team,.

I found my ticket for the 1973 semi final at Hillsborough the other day, it was for the corner between the Leppings lane and the North stand, it cost 75p, what do they charge now for semi finals?

On 29/02/2024 at 14:12, iansheff said:

I never did but there are people who will buy them because it is their team,.

I found my ticket for the 1973 semi final at Hillsborough the other day, it was for the corner between the Leppings lane and the North stand, it cost 75p, what do they charge now for semi finals?

Some people are so overpaid, they'd willingly pay £7,300 and not blink an eyelid. The world, especially the football world, has gone loopy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Some people are so overpaid, they'd willingly pay £7,300 and not blink an eyelid. The world, especially the football world, has gone loopy.

Too true it is all about the money, clubs that were big years ago are never going to get those days back because even if they get a billionaire owner and get in the PL their hands will be tied. Clubs like Forest whose owner wants to spend on the club but can't, we will have to see what happens to them if they get points deducted. I understand that they want to make sure clubs don't go broke and have finance rules but it seems the the big 6, or should that be 7 now with Newcastle are not going to be affected. I can't understand how clubs can go out and spend a fortune of 100's of millions of pounds and not break the rules.

• Like 1