Chris Wilder

Perhaps SWFC’s choice of a totally unknown German with no managerial experience is the way to go, who knows? I don’t know what was/is expected of Wilder, surely he wasn’t expected to keep the Blades in the Premier League. :huh:

In fairness, Wilder was given a poor poker hand in players ,& only a miracle well help dem Blades with the sharpness & the shine Blunted 

Having a European super league ( only a matter of time,)  does not mean the big clubs will leave their domestic leagues. 

It will still be the same six clubs at the top of the Premier League.

On 22/02/2024 at 20:03, PapaLazarou said:

I'm asking myself this question more and more as each week goes by...

How have we improved under Wilder?

I just can't see it.

We are shipping goals like a colander lets out water. We have started games with Laroucis and Osulas rather than Robinsons and Trustys and Archers and Hamers.

Whats changed, other than a bit more desire & fight...and an ever worsening goal difference?

I never wanted the Second Coming.

I certainly didn't want sandwiches either.

Vastly improved under Wilder. 

He’s improved the points per game from 0.36 to 0.67 and improved the goal difference per game from -2.00 to -1.33

Unfortunately for him, the safety gap has grown from 4 points to 8 points and without the Everton points deduction it would be 11 points.

Still everything to play for, especially if Forest get a points deduction and Everton get a further one.

17 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Vastly improved under Wilder. 

He’s improved the points per game from 0.36 to 0.67 and improved the goal difference per game from -2.00 to -1.33

Unfortunately for him, the safety gap has grown from 4 points to 8 points and without the Everton points deduction it would be 11 points.

Still everything to play for, especially if Forest get a points deduction and Everton get a further one.

Everton points reduction cut to 6.

I like him …think he’s doing a great job ..😎

46 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Everton points reduction cut to 6.

Yes, I saw that. It probably means their next deduction will be six points if they get one.

19 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Yes, I saw that. It probably means their next deduction will be six points if they get one.

I don't think they will get another, from what I read a big chunk of the over spend  was used for the new stadium. But why are we not hearing what is happening with charges against Chelsea and Man City?

20 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Having a European super league ( only a matter of time,)  does not mean the big clubs will leave their domestic leagues. 

It will still be the same six clubs at the top of the Premier League.

That's a shame.

CW came back because he wanted/ needed a job and had obviously been working behind the scenes to make it happen. The prince wanted him back as he wanted/ needed a lift with the fan base. If it were any other manager with the recent record of CW, we wouldn't have wanted him as supporters.

Simply - a marriage of convenience. His interviews are already becoming more difficult to watch, as happened last time.

Sorry Blades, but I don't see this working out well and really hope that a much hoped for new owner starts a completely new chapter for us.

41 minutes ago, barnie41 said:

CW came back because he wanted/ needed a job and had obviously been working behind the scenes to make it happen. The prince wanted him back as he wanted/ needed a lift with the fan base. If it were any other manager with the recent record of CW, we wouldn't have wanted him as supporters.

Simply - a marriage of convenience. His interviews are already becoming more difficult to watch, as happened last time.

Sorry Blades, but I don't see this working out well and really hope that a much hoped for new owner starts a completely new chapter for us.

Agree with all of that

If theres room for a Blade on this thread !   my humble opinion is Wilder is the best man for the job, so i dont think even he can save us this season, but the improvement and planing for next season is there to see.

The Championship is a great league, and clubs with a 10 year plan to the Premiership  should be careful for what they wish for !   its all greed and with its fair share of cheats, with very little in the way of real punishment, the league has always had favourites , the top four may now be a top six, but money will always talk . Lets be honest no Sheffield club will have the leader,the cash or a top six standing ! not in my life time.