Sadiq Khan Blocks Late Queen Statue In Trafalgar Square Until 2030

4 minutes ago, cressida said:

I think Annie said it would be wrong to put the late Queen's statue there because of pigeons making a mess,  I'm inclined to agree with her now.

Yes! Put a Statue of Boris there instead and let him get  sh--  on just like he did it on people during his short stay in No10. :hihi:

1 hour ago, cressida said:

I think Annie said it would be wrong to put the late Queen's statue there because of pigeons making a mess,  I'm inclined to agree with her now.

If Trafalgar square is such a great place for a statue of a monarch, why isn't there one for George VI or Edward VIII or George V or Edward VII or Victoria or William IV?

You have to go back to 1843 and George IV for a statue of a monarch in Trafalgar Square and his statue is only there because they cut back on the original design of Marble Arch (it's intended home) and had to find somewhere else to put it.

1 hour ago, Mkapaka said:

If they’d put it on the fourth plinth the headline would have been 

“khan to erect queens statue on site of former “woke” transgender sculpture”

Catch on folks for gods sake…

Falling on deaf ears mate - I don't think they've twigged it.

Would have thought we've more to worry about anyway.

5 hours ago, altus said:

If Trafalgar square is such a great place for a statue of a monarch, why isn't there one for George VI or Edward VIII or George V or Edward VII or Victoria or William IV?

You have to go back to 1843 and George IV for a statue of a monarch in Trafalgar Square and his statue is only there because they cut back on the original design of Marble Arch (it's intended home) and had to find somewhere else to put it.

George IV - well he deserved the pigeons for company. (profligate)