Bike Stabilisers For Adults

18 minutes ago, echo beach said:

Not a bad idea, hackey. Tandems were very popular in the 1930s when my parents were members of the Grove Cycling Club based around Ecclesall Road. I have lots of photos of them and other couples on holiday on their tandems in such places as Devon and Cornwall.

There is also the option of a recumbent cycle or tandem.

echo.

How long did it take them to ride to Cornwall ?

10 hours ago, Findlay said:

The way most practice now is with a balance bike which you can achieve tempoarily by taking of the chain and cranks.
Once push off and and stability is achieved then a single gear bike to practice pedalling before going onto a geared bike.

If balance is an issue you can get a trike

You working on commission for James Cycles :suspect:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, hackey lad said:

How long did it take them to ride to Cornwall ?

Probably a week to get down there and a week to get back!😃

The answer is I don’t know but I suspect they travelled by train and then toured around on their bikes when down there.

One of the photos I have is of them stood at the side of a Sheffield sign. It’s a village near Penzance.

In 2015 when I was down there on holiday I tried to find the same sign but of course it’s been replaced over the years with a more modern version. I did, however, have my photo taken alongside the new one.

echo.

2 minutes ago, echo beach said:

In 2015 when I was down there on holiday I tried to find the same sign but of course it’s been replaced over the years with a more modern version. I did, however, have my photo taken alongside the new one.

echo.

Can we see it?

16 minutes ago, echo beach said:

Of course you can Cressida.

If you go onto Google maps and activate Street View you’ll see the sign by the road side as you enter the village.

echo.

👍 thanks.

18 hours ago, Runningman said:

Have you bought any, plenty advertised on e bay, but undecided whether they will fit, no dimensions given.

An attempt to get my wife riding a bike. Without stabilisers she's great at falling off

Watch out in the Spring if you are riding on the Monsal Trail !

Margaret Thatcher is supposed to have said that "If a man finds himself a passenger on a bus having attained the age of 26, he can count himself a failure in life."

I suppose it could also apply to a woman in this age of equality & to (just covering all bases here), LGTBQ+. 

I've had a car since I was 24, thanks for asking. 

• Like 2