Found A Petition To Change This Situation

Yikes this place has changed since the last time i was here 

anyhow what do you think of this?

i think it would be a good idea that money

is actually spent on what we all want 

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/655372

For those not wishing to click the link:

It's a petition for the Government to start WEEKLY referendums on how money is spent.

It's idiotic at best for so many reasons I cannot be bothered to list them

• Haha 1

Yes indeed.

It's our money we paid in, but we seem to have no say in what it's spent on these days...

Just now, Resident said:

For those not wishing to click the link:

It's a petition for the Government to start WEEKLY referendums on how money is spent.

It's idiotic at best for so many reasons I cannot be bothered to list them

You Gov has polls and petitions every day of the week. 

What's so difficult? 

Anything that keeps politicians in touch with their public is a good thing isn't it? It doesn't have to be binding, but it would give them a taste of what the population in general is feeling at least. 

So many politicians are completely out of touch with the real world.

Totally agree

Surely in 2024 we should be utilising the same electronic systems that we are all glued too 8 hours a day 

How electronic voting hasn’t already been implemented is beyond a joke 

Just now, Grumpycatweasel said:

Totally agree

Surely in 2024 we should be utilising the same electronic systems that we are all glued too 8 hours a day 

How electronic voting hasn’t already been implemented is beyond a joke 

It's idiotic to think that the government, a group elected by the people to run the country including spending taxes would need to ask the public for every spending decision.

If you want to decide how it's spent then become a politician and get yourself elected. EVERYONE is able to do so. 

As for electronic voting. It's been proven that it's not safe from outside interference.  It's horrendously insecure. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Resident said:

It's idiotic to think that the government, a group elected by the people to run the country including spending taxes would need to ask the public for every spending decision.

If you want to decide how it's spent then become a politician and get yourself elected. EVERYONE is able to do so. 

As for electronic voting. It's been proven that it's not safe from outside interference.  It's horrendously insecure. 

How can electronic voting be horrendously insecure when ATMs monetary systems etc are the most secure electronics to be invented  todate

Surely small flaps of paper in some disused post office sorted by a middle aged woman with failing eye sight is quite frankly barbaric compared to state of the art electronics 

Not sure if the group in power at the moment were actually elected? 

All i know is massive government spending and we have no say in it whatsoever? How can that be morally acceptable 

@ResidentI agree with you. If the public had to vote on everything, the country would grind to a halt in 48hours.

Cannot be anymore worse than how the country is being run now lol

I mean how can we expect anything to change for the better if it stays the same 

10 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

@ResidentI agree with you. If the public had to vote on everything, the country would grind to a halt in 48hours.

I totally agree too.  It's ridiculous that some people think that there's going to be some public vote on every single financial decision.  

I have said many times before. For all those whining about the public not having enough say in what their elected politicians do - I'd ask just how much they themselves are getting involved... Just how many of those whining public actually and actively brief themselves about what is going on. How many are reading the minutes, reports, briefings or watching the live debates take place. How many are contributing to public consultations, how many are regularly engaging with their MPs, how many are volunteering to sign up for local groups or committees, how many are attending to watch the local council meetings and  executive committee, how many are contributing to response feedback on applications and planning documents.....

No no, far too boring and sad all that.  Much rather tick some box in a online petition and then one can get back to tik tok scrolling and Love Island watching.  

People always scream they "want" more say about what the politicians are doing but once they realise what's involved and how boring and dry it all is, suddenly they lose interest.   

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Resident said:

But the Government is not elected by the majority of people ,