Bww.

Watched Chris Wilder in his post match interview last night. When asked about what he thought of the penalty decision given against the Blades he intimated that he hadn’t reviewed it yet, but, with a glint in his eyes, said he would look at it later after a few beers when it would probably look fuzzy.

Then I thought what other Premier League manager would come out with a statement like that.

He’s a real character is Wilder with a wicked sense of humour but then over the years we’ve had another couple of them in Bassett and Warnock. Hence the topic title BWW.

Perhaps it’s an essential attribute listed in the job specification for the manager at Bramall Lane!

echo.

Yeah, I used to have an Uncle like that. We used to say he was eccentric, well you did in those days. Then one day a van pulled up with a load of blokes in white coats and took him away. Never saw him again after that.😂😂😂

11 minutes ago, Ronson said:

Yeah, I used to have an Uncle like that. We used to say he was eccentric, well you did in those days. Then one day a van pulled up with a load of blokes in white coats and took him away. Never saw him again after that.😂😂😂

Best check the front door. :suspect:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Ronson said:

That explains a lot.

2 hours ago, Ronson said:

Runs in the family then?  So if you and your multiple personalities suddenly disappear from the forum we shouldn't be concerned?

Good to know, we'd probably hold a party anyway, but it's nice to know we could do it with a clear conscience 👍

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Jack Charlton is my favourite Owls ex manager , He would  be in the pub straight after match , Mix it with the best of them .

He made us smile did Jack . 

They loved him in Ireland and found him seriously amusing. They enjoyed his habit of taking the Irish team into various pubs throughout the country and buying drinks all round, then offering to pay with a cheque.

He knew exactly what he was doing and so did they. I've been in a number of pubs in Ireland where there are photos of Jack and the team together with the landlord and regulars up on the wall and pride of place in the middle is a framed signed uncashed cheque with Jacks signature!

Should have been a Yorkshireman 😉

https://waterford-news.ie/2020/08/11/new-waterford-mural-of-jack-charlton-causing-quite-a-stir/

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Runs in the family then?  So if you and your multiple personalities suddenly disappear from the forum we shouldn't be concerned?

Good to know, we'd probably hold a party anyway, but it's nice to know we could do it with a clear conscience 👍

Steady on pops, you don’t want us to think the nastiness is a characteristic of the red third do you. Emanating from jealousy and a sense of inferiority. It isn’t is it?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, echo beach said:

Watched Chris Wilder in his post match interview last night. When asked about what he thought of the penalty decision given against the Blades he intimated that he hadn’t reviewed it yet, but, with a glint in his eyes, said he would look at it later after a few beers when it would probably look fuzzy.

Then I thought what other Premier League manager would come out with a statement like that.

He’s a real character is Wilder with a wicked sense of humour but then over the years we’ve had another couple of them in Bassett and Warnock. Hence the topic title BWW.

Perhaps it’s an essential attribute listed in the job specification for the manager at Bramall Lane!

echo.

My bold. 

Saw it on MOTD this morning & had a laugh at it & the bloke standing in for Lineker agreed that it might be a good idea.  Wilder actually said, "After about 6 pints." 

Now that's ok with me but you could imagine some teams now putting out a statement saying "Remember, please drink responsibly" & then forcing their manager to clarify the statement by saying "When I said 6 pints, I of course meant Evian Water." 

Wilder?  Proper bloke! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ronson said:

Steady on pops, you don’t want us to think the nastiness is a characteristic of the red third do you. Emanating from jealousy and a sense of inferiority. It isn’t is it?

Sense of inferiority?  With what?

With a club that hasn't played in the top flight this century and has been relegated to the third division three times in that period, and is in danger of making it four?

With a club that felt it necessary to reform as a legal entity and was incorporated in June 1990?  https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/02509978

With a club whose ground needs millions spending on it in order to bring it up to a decent standard?

Not only suffering from Dissociative Identity Disorder but also severe delusions. 🙄

• Like 2