Speed Camera

Has anyone looked into getting a speed camera installed on their or any road?  We're you successful? 

Getting absolutely peed off with the amount of speeding cars day in day out on our road. It's bloody dangerous and at night it's noisy as he'll too.

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Has anyone looked into getting a speed camera installed on their or any road?  We're you successful? 

Getting absolutely peed off with the amount of speeding cars day in day out on our road. It's bloody dangerous and at night it's noisy as he'll too.

It’s nice to see that your phone changes hell to he’ll as well😁

You’ll find it difficult to get a fixed speed camera installed. I think that there are pretty tough criteria to satisfy. 

I had a similar problem on the road that I used to live on. I had some success by engaging with SYP and my local councillors. By success, I mean that we got a visit from the mobile speed camera van every so often.

Maybe start by asking for that to happen.

The best you can do is complain to your local councillors, and if there's a police community meeting, attend that and complain there.

Be prepared to be fobbed off one way or another though.

They send a couple of speed monitoring patrols to our area a while back.

One was early afternoon on a Tuesday, the other was a Thursday evening and it was in completely the wrong place.

Needless to say they didn't' record much.

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Should have moved when you had the chance 🧐

Image result for m62 farm in middle of motorway

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Years ago at Fenham.park a young Asian was knocked down the council put speed humps all over and islands on roads to slow traffic down a year later a young lad was knocked down and killed on Fenton Road nothing was done about it regarding speed restrictions. 

Yes, they may test it with mobile units first.

Nothing at all to do with safety. Making sure it will be a good earner before the pay for a permanent one!

• Thanks 1

If they do fit a permanent camera somewhere people soon know it’s there. On approach slow down ,pass it then just speed back up. . Sometimes mobile ones are better suited 

• Thanks 1

We are having SIDs in our village...they are quite effective...they are getting more popular...Dronfield has some...It has taken quite am long time to get permissions etc...but should be worth it...the road through our village is like a race track. Speed Indicator Devices

Edited by smithy266

2 hours ago, smithy266 said:

We are having SIDs in our village...they are quite effective...they are getting more popular...Dronfield has some...It has taken quite am long time to get permissions etc...but should be worth it...the road through our village is like a race track. Speed Indicator Devices

Effective as a reminder to some ,but cancelled out on our road as presenting a challenge to the speedsters to register a high number .

Trouble is that ours only registers up to 40 mph to avoid this issue

I actually know where @The_DADDY lives roughly, just from previous posts complaining about the subject, not stalking. 

He lives on a service road at the side of a relatively short dual carriageway with a 50mph limit, close to a roundabout. Previously he's claimed 100+ mph past his house.

Unless you've got a hypercar nobody is doing 100+.

The D/C has existed for decades and probably was there when he moved in. It was built in the late 80s from info I can find. 

3 minutes ago, Resident said:

I actually know where @The_DADDY lives roughly, just from previous posts complaining about the subject, not stalking. 

He lives on a service road at the side of a relatively short dual carriageway with a 50mph limit, close to a roundabout. Previously he's claimed 100+ mph past his house.

Unless you've got a hypercar nobody is doing 100+.

The D/C has existed for decades and probably was there when he moved in. It was built in the late 80s from info I can find. 

My bold

Clearly you don't know as much as you'd like to think you do. 

You have a lovely day 👍

Just now, The_DADDY said:

My bold

Clearly you don't know as much as you'd like to think you do. 

You have a lovely day 👍

I drive the road several times week, sometimes multiple times a day at various times, in a variety of vehicles, including once in a friends' 450bhp Focus RS. I've passed multiple driving licence classes plus IAM Advanced and Blue Light. 

I think that would probably out-qualify you. 

Maybe moving to somewhere quieter than one of Rotherham's busiest roads might be your answer.