Meadowhead New Football/Rugby Ground Plus More

11 hours ago, bassett one said:

it was a concern of a councillor not being nasty  but what happens if one of them gets into financial trouble? the other concerns were saturdays with the st james shopping centre,a main route for many to bakewell ect, but if they sort out the traffic it will be fine, i am meeting many from sheffield fc on monday so if i get chance i will ask there opinions.

So you've gone from it being the viewpoint of the entire City Council that 'rugby clubs often go bankrupt' (evidence of 1 so far) to now saying that it was a concern of 1 councillor - are you making this stuff up?

• Like 1

I have a great deal of respect for Richard Tims the Sheffield FC chairman. For many years he has created a strategic plan and has followed it.

It puts to shame the actions of the current owners of our 2 professional clubs. I very much doubt the Prince or Mr Chansiri would know the definition of a strategic plan.

The journey for Sheffield FC obviously started way back in 1857. This is a new chapter for the club.

Many of us have commented before about the lack of publicity Sheffield City Council have given over to the Sheffield FC story and its unique  and famous place in the history of football.

I would urge Richard Tims to consider approaching a TV production company to create a programme over the next few years as the new facility is built and Sheffield FC returns to our city.  

I hope this opportunity of telling the world about the club that gave us all the 'Beautiful Game' is not lost. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MJ01 said:

So you've gone from it being the viewpoint of the entire City Council that 'rugby clubs often go bankrupt' (evidence of 1 so far) to now saying that it was a concern of 1 councillor - are you making this stuff up?

i never said entire council  when would a member of the public ever be able to do a survey like that,its a point brought up by a councillor , his opinion only ,now i dont know the exact facts of how many close each year , but i will ask the question on monday ,same as parking and traffic also how many go to rugby and how many go if the ever get promoted ,but its all does not matter it will if they have the cash be built whether we want it or not ,the only say we may get is to question on the traffic ,but would this council listen to any of that it doubt it , but i will ask the questions on monday .

On 21/03/2024 at 14:02, bassett one said:

that quote came from SCC

That part of your previous statement?

Why wouldn't anyone not want it.  A great asset and addition to the area. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meltman said:

Why wouldn't anyone not want it.  A great asset and addition to the area. 

Exactly.

• Like 2

This is great news for the local community 

It’ll bring more money to the local areas

its only the old people that hate this idea, hilarious 

Bb...bb..meadowhead roundabout is causing to much pollution 

susan you could walk to the St james shopping centre from norton instead of driving the SUV

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

This is great news for the local community 

It’ll bring more money to the local areas

its only the old people that hate this idea, hilarious 

Bb...bb..meadowhead roundabout is causing to much pollution 

susan you could walk to the St james shopping centre from norton instead of driving the SUV

Don't speak for everyone...not all old people hate this idea 

Thank you 

On 22/03/2024 at 11:07, HeHasRisen said:

It's already been explained to you countless times that the site is hardly going to get the influx of cars you seem to think it will. 

It doesn’t need a huge influx of cars to snarl up the roundabout and surrounding roads and if you happen to go past their current ground when they are playing sometimes the cars go right up to the carvery in the roundabout. This coupled with St James traffic it could make the area on match days into something more like a car park than a main road.  

• Like 1

I highly doubt it. 

34 minutes ago, shazzamattazza said:

It doesn’t need a huge influx of cars to snarl up the roundabout and surrounding roads and if you happen to go past their current ground when they are playing sometimes the cars go right up to the carvery in the roundabout. This coupled with St James traffic it could make the area on match days into something more like a car park than a main road.  

Makes you wonder how the roundabout copes with rush hour 5 days a week when half the population of Dronfield is commuting to or from Sheffield.

1 hour ago, shazzamattazza said:

A good chunk of those cars might be people who will walk to the new ground with it being in a more convenient location.