My Desktop Pc Won't Download Windows 11

Greenveg

My desktop PC won't download Windows 11. I am running Windows 10. Is it possibe to force the download. Below is My System information.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name DESKTOP-M2UBQHI

System Manufacturer FUJITSU

System Model ESPRIMO C720

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU S26361-Kxxx-Vyyy

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date FUJITSU // American Megatrends Inc. V4.6.5.4 R1.10.0 for D3224-A1x, 16/09/2013

SMBIOS Version 2.7

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer FUJITSU

BaseBoard Product D3224-A1

BaseBoard Version S26361-D3224-A1

Platform Role Desktop

Secure Boot State Off

PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United Kingdom

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.2728"

Username DESKTOP-M2UBQHI\user

Time Zone GMT Standard Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 7.89 GB

Available Physical Memory 4.96 GB

Total Virtual Memory 9.14 GB

Available Virtual Memory 5.89 GB

Page File Space 1.25 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Kernel DMA Protection Off

Virtualisation-based security Not enabled

Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware Yes

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Edit

Subscribe

RA

Did this reply solve your problem?

Yes No

HA
Replied on November 2, 2023

I have done a PC Health Check to see if I can download Windows 11, and the results say "This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements". My PC is nine or ten yeats old, and it is working fine. In the PC Health Check result, Microsoft uses the word currently. Does this mean that sometime in the future that the download will be possible. I have read somewhere that there is a way to bypass this problem.

Edit

Question Info

Last updated November 1, 2023Views 7Applies to:

You’re invited to try Microsoft 365 for free

Windows 11 doesn't run on a 'Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)'

There are plenty of videos on Youtube on how to get it to run, but using the direct upgrade from Microsoft won't work.

EDIT: It will run, just not upgrade as normal.

Edited by zach

If the motherboard supports "TPM" then this MUST be enabled, if it doesn't them Win 11 will not install automatically anyway.

TPM or Trusted Platform Module

TPMs are integrated motherboard chips that are unique to individual computers and mobile devices. They operate internally and don’t interact with external devices. They’re also resistant to dictionary attacks.

Are you wondering why they’re considered “inherently trusted” devices? Each TPM comes equipped with hard-coded identifiers (i.e., keys) that serve as the computer hardware equivalent of your government passport. But instead of coming from a government entity, TPM device keys are issued by the trusted OEM manufacturers (companies like Microsoft and IBM).

This is why I think if you have this enabled you might as well stop using a VPN because this tells every computer you connect to who you are. I don't mean your name and address, but your computers unique number (TPM)

So with it activated (Lets say Microsoft) Microsoft will know  everywhere computer 1023 has been, but not who is using it, or where it is, that is until you log on to Facebook or read your E/Mails.

The above is one reason whyi will not be using Windows 11 (I dont trust Microsoft)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Yes it is very scary stuff from Microsoft! When I was working, I was asked to upgrade some off-network computers to Windows 10 to be in line with the Schools Network. What was scary when I logged in it notified me of the computers at Home, with the name of the user.  That's why my main goto has shifted to GNU/Linux. (GNU is the OS, Linux is the kernel for the OS to run.)

• Confused 3

On 02/11/2023 at 15:37, aardvark6535 said:

If the motherboard supports "TPM" then this MUST be enabled, if it doesn't them Win 11 will not install automatically anyway.

TPM or Trusted Platform Module

TPMs are integrated motherboard chips that are unique to individual computers and mobile devices. They operate internally and don’t interact with external devices. They’re also resistant to dictionary attacks.

Are you wondering why they’re considered “inherently trusted” devices? Each TPM comes equipped with hard-coded identifiers (i.e., keys) that serve as the computer hardware equivalent of your government passport. But instead of coming from a government entity, TPM device keys are issued by the trusted OEM manufacturers (companies like Microsoft and IBM).

This is why I think if you have this enabled you might as well stop using a VPN because this tells every computer you connect to who you are. I don't mean your name and address, but your computers unique number (TPM)

So with it activated (Lets say Microsoft) Microsoft will know  everywhere computer 1023 has been, but not who is using it, or where it is, that is until you log on to Facebook or read your E/Mails.

The above is one reason whyi will not be using Windows 11 (I dont trust Microsoft)

spacer.png

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

TPM doen't necessarily involve chips. I had some reset issues that I had not instigated and having browsed for answers, the best solution was to install a BIOS update. I have been trying to avoid this, but thought I had better update in view of the 'logo fail' BIOS attack that all platforms are susceptible to. Needless to to say, TPM (both 1.2 and 2.0) got installed into the BIOS - which then knocked out my KVM setting which had to be reset! I can't remember when I built the eldest's PC but probably around 2018. I upgraded their Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro no issue. I then downloaded the Windows 11 .iso and installed it onto a USB with Ventoy, the latter including necessary MOK keys for the BIOS for Windows 11 to run. No TPM required, and I should point out this was to a separate drive, not the drive that had the upgrade from 8.1 to 10. I only use Windows 7 to update my website. My daily go to is now my preferred GNU/Linux OS of PCLinuxOS - ironically I had to downgrade my graphics card to get it to run as it did not like my GT1030 - now running a GT440 I got off eBay - never used and a bargain at £40!