COVID THREAD

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

Well said, Anna.

This is merely a dry run, a rehearsal, for the Big One, the one the Global Authoritarians  call the real "Greateest Threat to Mankind".

(AKA the weather, a hundred years from now!)

You ain't seeen nothing yet!  :)

And if it’s 100 years hence then no one around now will see it at all 😊

13 hours ago, Anna B said:

The government got to control the population in a way they probably only dreamed of. They saw how far they could push them. They saw how compliant they were if you pressed thr right buttons.

They got to introduce all sorts of new control laws, which are still on the statute book, and can be wheeled out any time it suits them irrespective of context.

They were able to suppress information on both MS media and the internet and get away with it.

They made a big leap towards a cashless society, and a cashless society is also easier to control, (computer says no...)

They got to give lots of lucrative contracts worth millions to their mates, and granted favours that will have to be returned. 'You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.'

They were able to invest unrestricted amounts of money of money into biolabs like Porton Down, which also just happen to make biological weapons. Hey Ho.

They were able to fastrack the move onto mobile phone aps (which a lot of people don't like) and they have no intention of reversing, (eg doctors, minister of health at the time Matt Hancock's family just happens to control the company that produces the ap)

They were able to use the pandemic to hide all sorts of shortcomings in the NHS and other industries. They are still doing it.

They made a lot of very rich people considerably richer during the pandemic. Amazon boss Jeff Bezos did very nicely thankyou, and so did a lot of the other big investors.

They got us familiar with shortages, inconveniences, and a new way of life which hasn't gone away - but then they always said it wouldn't - 'the world will be very different.'

They made us believe we were all in the same boat.

- But they were cruising ahead in superyachts, and the rest of us were up the creek in a canoe without a paddle.  

That's a really good post there Anna

👏👏👏👏👏

Just now, The_DADDY said:

That's a really good post there Anna

👏👏👏👏👏

For the good of the children, for the good of the people, for the good of the nation, for the good of the State, for the good of the planet!

Authoritarians, Dictators, Tyrants can cram a whole lot of their policies into that dogma, if not questioned often and are not demeaned, insulted, or procribed from asking how and why?

:)

In two pages covering the Covid19 Pandemic, those who are concerned about their health, that of the people they know, their friends and colleagues and that of the country, get to read this self opinionated invention:

"This is merely a dry run, a rehearsal, for the Big One, the one the Global Authoritarians  call the real "Greateest(sic) Threat to Mankind"".

"They were able to suppress information on both MS media and the internet and get away with it."

"Pfizer have made billions off fools like you, 40 new billionaires emerged as a direct result of covid scams, of course they had the money to get people to print what they wanted.

"They made us believe we were all in the same boat.

- But they were cruising ahead in superyachts, and the rest of us were up the creek in a canoe without a paddle. "

"Famous tactic to ridicule people you don't agree with rather than engage in discussion. I had the same problem when I said the banks were going to crash 2 years before they did."

"No, NASA lost its way when they decided that Climate Change and making muslims feel good was a higher priority for its resources,  than actual space exploration. - Politics".

"The fact that this 'plague' was on the agenda and being discussed 5 years ago doesn't bother you? "

"If you remember the days prior to March 2020 we have something called instinct, common sense, initiative, it got us by for generations...".

Far more to do with personal Conspiracy Theories and politics than any concern for the health and wealth of the country.

I don't care one jot about your opinions and you lot are totally entitled to express you views like anybody else, in any place you wish but be be prepared to be challenged especially when your words and in some cases actions put the health of others at risk.

15 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

In two pages covering the Covid19 Pandemic, those who are concerned about their health, that of the people they know, their friends and colleagues and that of the country, get to read this self opinionated invention:

"This is merely a dry run, a rehearsal, for the Big One, the one the Global Authoritarians  call the real "Greateest(sic) Threat to Mankind"".

"They were able to suppress information on both MS media and the internet and get away with it."

"Pfizer have made billions off fools like you, 40 new billionaires emerged as a direct result of covid scams, of course they had the money to get people to print what they wanted.

- But they were cruising ahead in superyachts, and the rest of us were up the creek in a canoe without a paddle. "

"Famous tactic to ridicule people you don't agree with rather than engage in discussion. I had the same problem when I said the banks were going to crash 2 years before they did."

"No, NASA lost its way when they decided that Climate Change and making muslims feel good was a higher priority for its resources,  than actual space exploration. - Politics".

"The fact that this 'plague' was on the agenda and being discussed 5 years ago doesn't bother you? "

"If you remember the days prior to March 2020 we have something called instinct, common sense, initiative, it got us by for generations...".

Far more to do with personal Conspiracy Theories and politics than any concern for the health and wealth of the country.

I don't care one jot about your opinions and you lot are totally entitled to express you views like anybody else, in any place you wish but be be prepared to be challenged especially when your words and in some cases actions put the health of others at risk.

People's health has never been more at risk than it is now. The move to privatise it is now becoming so clear it's hard to deny it. 

'The NHS is not safe in Tory hands.'  

Meanwhile, nobody has engaged on any of the actual points I made.

Edited by Anna B

Guest makapaka
4 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Willingly or unwillingly, knowingly or unknowingly,  these people have been culpable in damaging the effectiveness of measures to reduce the intensity of the pandemic and the consequences thereof, and it is on this basis that I will continue.

Why? What are you trying to achieve?

Just now, Annie Bynnol said:

That's very magnanimous of you Annie. Thank you.

But blanket, dissembling, out of context denials and babbling on about "conspiracy theories", hardly qualifies as serious "challenges" to thoughtful posts!

But I return the "permission" for you to continue to post you opinions!  :)

But be prepared to be challenged!  :)

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

I am not a conspiracy theorist, however invoking that title as nothing more than a derogatory phrase, is useful in dismissing a critical thinker and not engaging with uncomfortable truths.

I consider myself to be reasonably well informed and sensible.

I do look into things via various sources and try to find all the different viewpoints.

I took the vaccine myself, and obeyed the rules (at great personal cost) and largely stayed out of the debate at the time for the reasons you mention, so I resent your claims that I might have 'put the health of others at risk' however that didn't stop me investigating, and talking to qualified medical experts and forming my own opinions. 

Since the pandemic has somewhat abated and there is a bit of distance between events and the present, it's time to assess what happened and how with the benefit of hindesite and an overview, we came to be where we are today. 

The trouble with 'Conspiracy theorists' is that they have the annoying habit of sometimes being proved right.

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

... I don't care one jot about your opinions and you lot are totally entitled to express you views like anybody else, in any place you wish but be be prepared to be challenged especially when your words and in some cases actions put the health of others at risk.

I very much agree with your points, but I have a crisp new tenner that says that those who continue to shovel nonsense out of their rabbit holes not so much skim your posts but glide right past them with barely a thought.  Some people hit bedrock some time in 2020 and just kept right on tunnelling.  I absolutely guarantee that when you think you've finally convinced someone that 2 + 2 = 4 they'll be back a fortnight later still maintaining that the answer is 27.

Just now, Anna B said:

I am not a conspiracy theorist, however invoking that title as nothing more than a derogatory phrase, is useful in dismissing a critical thinker and not engaging with uncomfortable truths.

I consider myself to be reasonably well informed and sensible.

I do look into things via various sources and try to find all the different viewpoints.

I took the vaccine myself, and obeyed the rules (at great personal cost) and largely stayed out of the debate at the time for the reasons you mention, so I resent your claims that I might have 'put the health of others at risk' however that didn't stop me investigating, and talking to qualified medical experts and forming my own opinions. 

Since the pandemic has somewhat abated and there is a bit of distance between events and the present, it's time to assess what happened and how with the benefit of hindesite and an overview, we came to be where we are today. 

The trouble with 'Conspiracy theorists' is that they have the annoying habit of sometimes being proved right.

As to your COVID somewhat abated, here's something I saved, and which view I subscribed to when the MSM was in a tizzy about the unkown and unprecented neew COVID 19 virus, and the hype and fear were palpable.

But the World has beeen through pandemics before, and some sane, and sober minded scientists who took the time and had the expertise analyse the pathology reported this, more than two years ago.

The coronavirus pandemic is likely to last between 18 and 24 months, scientists from the University of Minnesota have predicted.

“Whichever scenario the pandemic follows — assuming at least some level of ongoing mitigation measures — we must be prepared for at least another 18 to 24 months of significant Covid-19 activity, with hot spots popping up periodically in diverse geographic areas,” scientists said".

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/01/coronavirus-pandemic-likely-to-last-for-two-years-scientists-predict.html

Edited by trastrick

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

People's health has never been more at risk than it is now. The move to privatise it is now becoming so clear it's hard to deny it. 

'The NHS is not safe in Tory hands.'  

Meanwhile, nobody has engaged on any of the actual points I made.

And this post alone shows that your previous post is not about covid or conspiracy theory but just another avenue for you to hate on anything Tory. 

You don't like the Tories, everyone knows that by now. Stop derailing threads with your anti Tory slant.

Find something else to be constantly angry about. 

15 minutes ago, Delayed said:

And this post alone shows that your previous post is not about covid or conspiracy theory but just another avenue for you to hate on anything Tory. 

You don't like the Tories, everyone knows that by now. Stop derailing threads with your anti Tory slant.

Find something else to be constantly angry about. 

My point is not actually about Covid per se, but about whether it was necessary to lock down the country for 2 years, which has done irreparable damage and which in the long run might prove worse than the pandemic itself, and is also killing people. It actually probably needs a new thread, but as a lot of the old arguments will probably re-emerge, maybe not. 

I would be asking the same questions whether either party was in charge. The same questions were asked during the pandemic, but ignored or met with hysterical reactions, which is maybe not surprising during the worst of it, but was (IMO) also egged on by a hysterical media which suppressed counter views and stifled sensible debate, as did the government. There were quite a few respected journalists who couldn't get their counter lockdown arguments into print at the time, which is suspicious in itself in what is supposed to be a free press.