COVID THREAD

Just now, sibon said:

It isn't a discussion. They think that laughing about a killer virus is acceptable.

At least one of them is bright enough to know better. 

Bright enough to realise, looking at the facts, that the vaccine isn't what they claim. I bet you'll trot along and get another, yet we're dumb. 🤣🤣

1 minute ago, sibon said:

It isn't a discussion. They think that laughing about a killer virus is acceptable.

At least one of them is bright enough to know better. 

Well one can only hope that they get it and become hospitalised relying upon our unskilled overpaid doctors. 

Just now, altus said:

You're just demonstrating you don't understand the figures.

True. I just read the ONS stating vaxxed are 4.5 times more likely to test positive.

2 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Well one can only hope that they get it and become hospitalised relying upon our unskilled overpaid doctors. 

Tut tut. The far-right shows it's ugly head again.

Guest sibon
Just now, SheffieldBricky said:

True. I just read the ONS stating vaxxed are 4.5 times more likely to test positive.

Why is that Doc?

2 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Tut tut. The far-right shows it's ugly head again.

You've no idea of my political affiliations so don't make assumptions. Plus, if you gettinghr virus is what it takes for you to take it seriously, then so be it. Hopefully you'd recover and then take it seriously like others have. 

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

Take it or leave it but the truth remains the same.

Those who have the power are the ones that make the rules and the rules have been pretty consistent throughout the world as infections and hospitalisations rose and declined.That is irrespective of which flag they are flying.

Similarly oppositions are there to criticise.

Your example of mask wearing in Wales is one area that has been consistent and should ,in my opinion never have been lifted in shops and on public transport.

As for Covid passports for certain activities,lets see how the libertarian Tories handle this in the next couple of weeks.

And as I said if you were PM for a day what would you do.

I have been clear right from the beginning.

This breaks up into three distinct phases.

1 - Early on I'd have been honest with people about what their risk were*, advising (not telling) people over a certain risk to shield and providing all the help possible to do that. We have to remember that back then the "experts" were pessimistic about an effective vaccine (another thing they were wrong about...).

Schools would never have closed.

If possible I'd have treated people vulnerable to Covid in dedicated hospitals where all possible precautions would be taken.

If any care homes had Covid through them and the death rate indicated pretty much all residents had had Covid I'd have got rid of all restrictions in that home so the residents could have had a good life.

People in low risk groups would be encouraged to carry on as normal with no restrictions whatsoever and hopefully catch Covid

2 - From about last November when we had proven vaccines and the flu season was on the way I'd have introduced light touch suppression which, it would have been emphasised would be strictly time limited (see 3).

3 - From the point everyone over 60 had had one jab (and those over 75 or with high vulnerability had had two jabs) all restrictions would have dropped away = completely back to 2019 normal.

From the point everyone over 40 had had two jabs people would have been told it would be in your interest to get Covid now (and not later in the winter). 

I'd have done nothing whatsoever about Omicron.

* In fact I'd have set up an official website where people put all their details in anonymously (age, sex, height, weight, medical conditions etc) and it would have churned out an approximate risk factor. I said this at the time BTW.

Edited by Chekhov

2 minutes ago, Delayed said:

You've no idea of my political affiliations so don't make assumptions. Plus, if you gettinghr virus is what it takes for you to take it seriously, then so be it. Hopefully you'd recover and then take it seriously like others have. 

You said people who are critical of doctors shouldn't be entitled to be treated. That's a bit Nazi.

5 minutes ago, sibon said:

Why is that Doc?

Is it because the unvaxxed aren't being neighbourly?

3 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I have been clear right from the beginning.

This breaks up into three distinct phases.

1 - Early on I'd have been honest with people about what their risk were*, advising (not telling) people over a certain risk to shield and providing all the help possible to do that. Schools would never have closed.

If possible I'd have treated people vulnerable to Covid in dedicated hospitals where all possible precautions would be taken.

If any care homes had Covid through them and the death rate indicated pretty much all residents had had Covid I'd have got rid of all restrictions in that home so the residents could have had a good life.

People in low risk groups would be encouraged to carry on as normal with no restrictions whatsoever and hopefully catch Covid

2 - From about last November when we had proven vaccines and the flu season was on the way I'd have introduced light touch suppression which, it would have been emphasised would be strictly time limited (see 3).

3 - From the point everyone over 60 (and those with high vulnerability) had had one jab all restrictions would have dropped away. From the point everyone over 40 had had two jabs people would have been told it would be in your interest to get Covid now (and not later in the winter). 

I'd have done nothing whatsoever about Omicron.

* In fact I'd have set up an official website where people put all their details in (age, sex, height, weight, medical conditions etc and it would have churned out an approximate risk factor. I said this at the time BTW.

Now I wonder how that would have gone down.

Especially your final paragraph 😁😁😁

This is of course all with the benefit of hindsight and still contentious 

Edited by RJRB

1 minute ago, SheffieldBricky said:

You said people who are critical of doctors shouldn't be entitled to be treated. That's a bit Nazi.

Nope. I said that people who are critical of the NHS shouldn't be entitled to use their services. Meaning if they aren't happy with the service being offered then they can go private or seek another practice.

Guest sibon
4 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Is it because the unvaxxed aren't being neighbourly?

Nope. 

39 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Now I wonder how that would have gone down.

If people were treated as adults and given the facts, plus warned that trying to suppress Covid was almost impossible and would cause massive damage to society and the economy, hopefully peoples' rational circuits would work adequately.

I think there has been a breakdown in communication here, this would not be for the government, it would be taken anonymously (which I have clarified now), it would solely be for people to get an idea of their risk from Covid so they can make an informed decision as to what they should do.

Edited by Chekhov

9 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

They don't say the vaxxed are more likely to test positive. They say

individuals who had received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine continued to be less likely to test positive for COVID-19, regardless of variant.