COVID THREAD

3 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Nope. I said that people who are critical of the NHS shouldn't be entitled to use their services. Meaning if they aren't happy with the service being offered then they can go private or seek another practice.

But I've paid in advance, paid towards Doctors salaries. I have the 30 years NI Contributions. Should I get a refund?

3 minutes ago, sibon said:

Nope. 

Is it because the unvaxxed should be refused NHS treatment. I'm sorry if I keep getting it wrong. I'm just quoting things I frequently hear.

1 minute ago, SheffieldBricky said:

But I've paid in advance, paid towards Doctors salaries. I have the 30 years NI Contributions. Should I get a refund?

No.

N.I goes towards more than just the NHS as you well know.

I've never used the Fire Service. Can I ask the government for a refund?

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Is it because the unvaxxed should be refused NHS treatment. I'm sorry if I keep getting it wrong. I'm just quoting things I frequently hear.

You should see a GP about those voices.

1 minute ago, Delayed said:

No.

N.I goes towards more than just the NHS as you well know.

I've never used the Fire Service. Can I ask the government for a refund?

If they expect you to put your own fires out in the future, yeah.

2 minutes ago, sibon said:

You should see a GP about those voices.

I can't get an appointment. 

21 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

True. I just read the ONS stating vaxxed are 4.5 times more likely to test positive.

Tut tut. The far-right shows it's ugly head again.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/bulletins/coronaviruscovid19infectionsurveycharacteristicsofpeopletestingpositiveforcovid19uk/16december2021

Try again 

28 minutes ago, Delayed said:

I wish people would ;

1. Stop using Twitter as a source of information 

Snipped 

Not off to a great start there. 

I don't use twitter. 

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Not off to a great start there. 

I don't use twitter. 

I never said you did.

30 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

You know it makes sense. The torches are being prepared. It'll be like an old Frankenstein film.

I'll be honest that is a genuine worry. I can already feel the difference when I go shopping. People are far happier to confront me and demand I tell them personal information. I almost came to blows with one character who litteraly pointed his finger centimetres away from my kids face and demanded to know "WHY ISN'T SHE WEARING ONE. SHE'S NOT EXEMPT SHE LOOKS PERFECTLY HEALTHY". 

Thankfully the manager came along and calmed things down but stuff like this is having a huge effect on both my kids mental health and mine for that matter. 

5 minutes ago, Delayed said:

I never said you did.

You quoted me. 

I'll be honest that is a genuine worry. I can already feel the difference when I go shopping. People are far happier to confront me and demand I tell them personal information. I almost came to blows with one character who litteraly pointed his finger centimetres away from my kids face and demanded to know "WHY ISN'T SHE WEARING ONE. SHE'S NOT EXEMPT SHE LOOKS PERFECTLY HEALTHY". 

Thankfully the manager came along and calmed things down but stuff like this is having a huge effect on both my kids mental health and mine for that matter. 

You quoted me. 

Read it back carefully. 

I quoted you to use your points as an illustration of my own points and used the word 'People' meaning others.

I did not refer to you specifically

Just now, Delayed said:

Read it back carefully. 

I quoted you to use your points as an illustration of my own points and used the word 'People' meaning others.

I did not refer to you specifically

Yet you quoted me. 

Might have been better not to quote anyone and just make a regular post unless you specifically mean them? 

Yet you quoted me. 

Might have been better not to quote anyone and just make a regular post unless you specifically mean them? 

I quoted for reference and I'll continue to do so where I feel it's appropriate

Guest makapaka
4 hours ago, Delbow said:

1. Oversimplifying complex messages is dumbass behaviour.

You mean you can’t think of an argument in response - because it’s clear that it is difficult to make immediate decisions on widely variable information.