COVID THREAD

36 minutes ago, RJRB said:

So not only are you totally certain about the future,you also know exactly what Labour or whoever would have done.

You seem to think that I was saying Labour would have done better when I am saying that it would have been largely the same.

Some lockdowns some relaxations with possibly  different timings or forewarnings.

My comments were related to what radical difference would anybody in power have taken and more interestingly what would you have done over the last 2 years and what actions would you have taken 3/4 weeks ago when Omicron emerged 

I'm not having that. At EVERY stage the Labour party have been supporting Covid suppression restrictions and, in fact, demanding more restrictions. I even put a link on to The Labour party's own website where they were being critical of the government for getting rid of the mask mandate in July.

I think Wales (The current Welsh Government is a Labour minority administration) is probably a good guide as to how Labour would have behaved had they been in power in England. They are infamous for clamping down on society, always worse than England, e.g. they never got rid of their mask mandate and were the first home country to introduce vaccine passports. All of which, BTW, was a total waste of time, their Covid figures are worse then England's and even their flag ship policy "Covid passports" were an unmitigated failure because they were introduced "so nightclubs can stay open". What happened ? Nightclubs in Wales have been ordered to close.....

31 minutes ago, CarolW said:

How do you know that you don't have underlying health conditions??? This time last year, I didn't realise I have rather high blood pressure, which has, apparently, affected my heart slightly.... I didn't feel any different to normal, no headaches, no visual problems (beyond short-sightedness , which I've had since a child) I have regular exercise, though possibly not enough...  There could be an underlying problem making you more vulnerable to the COVID virus- as such, I'm glad I've had the vaccines + booster 🙂

You are correct, I don't, it's just the chance you take. I've been jabbed now so my chances of the chop are probably way better than 1 in 1000, but there is always the chance I'll be a goner, in fact knowing my luck I'll be the last person in Sheff to catch Covid and I'll get the chop.  Well we all have to die and more and more about modern life ****es me off anyway !

Edited by Chekhov

We did warn you. I take no joy because those closest to me are vaxxed.

According to figures released by the UK government via the Office for National Statistics, people who are triple vaxxed are 4.5 times more likely to test positive for Omicron than those who are unvaccinated.

221221omicron1.jpg

12 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I'm not having that. At EVERY stage the Labour party have been supporting Covid suppression restrictions and, in fact, demanding more restrictions. I even put a link on to The Labour party's own website where they were being critical of the government for getting rid of the mask mandate in July.

I think Wales (The current Welsh Government is a Labour minority administration) is probably a good guide as to how Labour would have behaved had they been in power in England. They are infamous for clamping down on society, always worse than England, e.g. they never got rid of their mask mandate and were the first home country to introduce vaccine passports. All of which, BTW, was a total waste of time, their Covid figures are worse then England's and even their flag ship policy "Covid passports" were an unmitigated failure because they were introduced "so nightclubs can stay open". What happened ? Nightclubs in Wales have been ordered to close.....

Take it or leave it but the truth remains the same.

Those who have the power are the ones that make the rules and the rules have been pretty consistent throughout the world as infections and hospitalisations rose and declined.That is irrespective of which flag they are flying.

Similarly oppositions are there to criticise.

Your example of mask wearing in Wales is one area that has been consistent and should ,in my opinion never have been lifted in shops and on public transport.

As for Covid passports for certain activities,lets see how the libertarian Tories handle this in the next couple of weeks.

And as I said if you were PM for a day what would you do.

Guest sibon
21 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

According to figures released by the UK government via the Office for National Statistics, people who are triple vaxxed are 4.5 times more likely to test positive for Omicron than those who are unvaccinated.

221221omicron1.jpg

I wonder why that is...

22 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

221221omicron1.jpg

So much for trust the science eh? 

No doubt the blame will be placed at the door of the pro freedom lot. 

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

WHO also said don't give the vax to kids.

He mispoke about kill them but he clearly says don't give it to kids.

(1) 🐙🐙 𝗛𝘂𝗺𝗽𝘁𝗮𝗽𝘂𝘀𝘀 🐙🐙 on Twitter: "WHO Director General: The vaccines are being used to kill children. 😱👇 https://t.co/LHwc5yylTU" / Twitter

16 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

No one said that you wouldn't test positive when vaxxed. 

2 minutes ago, Delayed said:

The vaccine doesn't work, you've stood for the old egg under the hat trick.

2 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Just like no one said it would be 2 jabs, then 3 then 4 then etc... etc... etc. 

Guest sibon
Just now, SheffieldBricky said:

The vaccine doesn't work, you've stood for the old egg under the hat trick.

You need to do a Statistics degree.

Or, chat to your GP.