COVID THREAD

11 minutes ago, petemcewan said:

The Daddy.

It's unfortunate that Covid measures have weaponized every busybody under the Sun.

Tell them to mind their own business. Don't get into trouble.

You don't want to bet banged up at Christmas.

Cheers Pete That's great advice and I'll be sure to follow it. Besides, I can't fight so I'd probably lose anyway 😁

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, SheffieldBricky said:

It is. I'm careful. Do everything as required. Don't go in pubs or big events.

I do everything required of me. But I like an hour in the pub, I love football and live music.

I'm not in any risk factor groups, but I'm triple jabbed and happy to go out and enjoy stuff.

Guest makapaka
4 minutes ago, Axel said:

From the 31st December 2021 the CDC have decided to withdraw their support for the PCR Test, it's developer Kary Mullis has long since stated that it cannot be used to detect infection.

"  The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will no longer recognize PCR tests as valid methods of diagnosing COVID-19 by the end of this year. The CDC announced in a lab alert on its website that it will be withdrawing its standing request to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to grant emergency use authorization for PCR tests to be used to detect SARS-CoV-2. The request, which was issued in February 2020, will be withdrawn on December 31, 2021, a move which signals that the CDC no longer approves of the use of PCR tests as valid diagnostic methods for COVID-19. "

" Currently, the false positive rate for PCR tests is reported to be at least 5%. This means that in countries such as the United Kingdom, where over 1 million people are being tested daily, around 50,000 people a day are diagnosed as positive for COVID-19 and consequently undergo severe measures such as quarantine and strict isolation, despite not being infected at all. In countries such as Australia, which rapidly transformed into a police state after 400 COVID-19-positive cases were confirmed, false positive results can have dramatic effects. "

https://americasfrontlinedoctors.org/news/post/cdc-withdraws-support-for-pcr-tests/

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/07-21-2021-lab-alert-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html

Is this genuine?

1 minute ago, SheffieldBricky said:

True leave the kids alone. Another reason I won't have it. Once we all have they'll go for the kids.

They already are. It's been approved for use on kids 5 and up. 

So so sick and totally unnecessary. 

Just now, sibon said:

I do everything required of me. But I like an hour in the pub, I love football and live music.

I'm not in any risk factor groups, but I'm triple jabbed and happy to go out and enjoy stuff.

Wednesday fans don't enjoy football any more. It's self flagellation. I used to have a season ticket for years. I stopped in about 2010

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

They already are. It's been approved for use on kids 5 and up. 

So so sick and totally unnecessary. 

Yep, I don't think many parents will. With social media exposure once there's been a disaster nobody will.

Guest sibon
Just now, SheffieldBricky said:

Wednesday fans don't enjoy football any more. It's self flagellation. I used to have a season ticket for years. I stopped in about 2010

That's true. 

The afternoon out is fun though

Just now, sibon said:

That's true. 

The afternoon out is fun though

Yep. We used to go to pub at 11.00. Nine pints, 3 pies, a burger and then a headache later. Went to Cardiff, Wembley v Man Utd. 

Guest sibon
8 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Is this genuine?

It's just the CDC retiring one, old PCR test now that they have better diagnostic tools available.

9 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Is this genuine?

Yes, I have no idea what the UK Government will do regarding the PCR test, it's meant to be the (Gold Standard)

Guest sibon
4 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Yep. We used to go to pub at 11.00. Nine pints, 3 pies, a burger and then a headache later. Went to Cardiff, Wembley v Man Utd. 

My only regret is that I saw all of those magnificent early 90s games after far too long in The Queens Ground.

11 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Is this genuine?

No.  Shockingly.

ETA: Link.

Edited by Guest

Guest sibon
3 minutes ago, Axel said:

Yes, I have no idea what the UK Government will do regarding the PCR test, it's meant to be the (Gold Standard)

They can use any of the other PCR tests that are available.  Or several of the other diagnostic methods at their disposal.

You could have stopped your post after the first five words.

Edited by sibon