Watford V Sheffield Wednesday

Still early days in the season so all is not lost.

The owls have a new manager, and if they can get a few wins they could be mid table by christmas

• Like 1

Much improved in terms of shots at goal and intensity, missed two good chances and had a pen given then taken away, but the overall issue in terms of a lack of quality around the box cost us the points.

The game hung on a moment where a sub with his 1st touch raced away from defenders, cut inside another two and finished astutely into Dawsons bottom corner, Wednesday brought on Wilkes who just kept giving the ball away and looked like he was new to the game of football and looked quite easily the worst player on the park, hopefully thats the last we see of him in a Wednesday shirt and its indicitive of chasiris recruitment failures.

3 hours ago, St Petre said:

I know it's early but who has the record(s) for the least points in the Championship or the old second division, which was only two points for a win then?

Rotherhams 23 points in 2016/17 in the championship

Edited by staninoodle

A loss but a much better performance, the failure to strengthen up front which a blind man could see was needed even last season may cost us dearly.

I can't even begin to understand why Wilks in his first appearance under a new manager played like he did when he came on, he was Watfords second best sub.

i think we can get points from this and several more up and coming games,top manager ,great assistants ,but i am sure he will work hard and in jan get a few in ,but we need a top scorer our last manager said that was one position thats the hardest,but theres belief now

2 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Much improved in terms of shots at goal and intensity, missed two good chances and had a pen given then taken away, but the overall issue in terms of a lack of quality around the box cost us the points.

The game hung on a moment where a sub with his 1st touch raced away from defenders, cut inside another two and finished astutely into Dawsons bottom corner, Wednesday brought on Wilkes who just kept giving the ball away and looked like he was new to the game of football and looked quite easily the worst player on the park, hopefully thats the last we see of him in a Wednesday shirt and its indicitive of chasiris recruitment failures.

Rotherhams 23 points in 2016/17 in the championship

Thank you Staninoodle. 23 points? That looks like being a Herculean achievement for a team not a million miles away from Miller town.

2 hours ago, bassett one said:

i think we can get points from this 

How can you get points from a game you've lost? Casser Rohl is as clueless as Disco Xisco

7 hours ago, MJ01 said:

How can you get points from a game you've lost? Casser Rohl is as clueless as Disco Xisco

Hecky at the Lane  is the same , ever thought it may be the players who are not good enough .

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Hecky at the Lane  is the same , ever thought it may be the players who are not good enough .

Probably is

A lack of quality again in the final third by the sounds of it. I didn't see any of the game so can't say how we played overall but we supposedly had abit more about us. I still don't think the quality is there to get out of it, alot will depend if he can recruit any players in January.

9 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Agree with you on that one.

I don't think either of the Sheffield squads are good enough to compete in their respective divisions.

Neither owner spent anywhere near enough on improving their squads.

20 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

Agree with you on that one.

I don't think either of the Sheffield squads are good enough to compete in their respective divisions.

Neither owner spent anywhere near enough on improving their squads.

I do agree with you Papa.

But what I find hard to believe, how does a team get promoted with a record number of points, and go on their best undefeated run in their history.

Then start life in the Championship and can't win a game..

They surely can't be that bad!  I'm puzzled..

2 hours ago, Padders said:

I do agree with you Papa.

But what I find hard to believe, how does a team get promoted with a record number of points, and go on their best undefeated run in their history.

Then start life in the Championship and can't win a game..

They surely can't be that bad!  I'm puzzled..

L1 was a very poor league in terms of quality last season.

• Like 1