The Yom Kippur War .

8 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

It’s just that there are a bunch of people all over social media who are furious about protestors blocking train stations, but sanguine about refugee camps and ambulances being bombed.

Blimey!  I hadn't seen that.  But then I only read and post from the perspective of my little social media bubble.

7 minutes ago, mafya said:

I think your referring to what is known as selective outrage

There's a lot of it about...

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, mafya said:

On the news it said 60 of the hostages had been killed by Israeli air strikes and with the way Israel has gone ahead with its bloodlust it may be that the goodwill towards Israel has changed direction towards the thousands of innocent Palestinians getting killed. I saw on the news that the families were protesting outside Netanyahu’s house and the way the Israeli police were pushing a couple of them about was shocking.

Israel has to show Muslim extremists that they will not negotiate with terrorists 

Especially those who take hostages 

It's showing the world that taking hostages will not stop Israel from fighting back 

12 minutes ago, Hecate said:

All pro-Palestinian marches should be condemned and banned, obviously.  That's what you imagine my take to be, isn't it, now you've put me in the appropriately labelled box after I suggested a little less binary thought about a humanitarian crisis?

No it isn’t actually so I don’t understand how you came to that conclusion. 😳

This could be my last post on Sheffield forum as I have asked for my account to be removed , This thread I have found  deeply disturbing,  

Any way I can tell you that Mafya has personally taken it upon him self to paint over offensive graffiti in the under pass on the Moor foot , he did this after contacting me and apologizing for the idiots that do this .

He has also spoke to the leaders of his mosque about this and they have promised to ask their community not to have any thing to do with hate speech or wall spraying .

So that is it in a nut shell . Will wait and see how  my request for account removal goes .

14 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

I am.

Whilst I’m on the topic, it would be nice for some of those protesters to also protest about the Oct 7 attacks and Hamas’ rather immoral game of hide and seek.

That would make the whole thing less selective.

I’m sure on the news the pro Palestinian protesters did say when questioned that they didn’t condone them and that the situation is getting out of hand and asking for all killing to stop. I havnt seen anyone glorifying the oct 7th attacks 

Just now, mafya said:

I’m sure on the news the pro Palestinian protesters did say when questioned that they didn’t condone them and that the situation is getting out of hand and asking for all killing to stop. I havnt seen anyone glorifying the oct 7th attacks 

I praise you for your call to Cutsie and speaking to your Mosque leaders.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

This could be my last post on Sheffield forum as I have asked for my account to be removed , This thread I have found  deeply disturbing,  

Any way I can tell you that Mafya has personally taken it upon him self to paint over offensive graffiti in the under pass on the Moor foot , he did this after contacting me and apologizing for the idiots that do this .

He has also spoke to the leaders of his mosque about this and they have promised to ask their community not to have any thing to do with hate speech or wall spraying .

So that is it in a nut shell . Will wait and see how  my request for account removal goes .

Cuttsie, don't do it!

Your one of the better posters on the Forum.

I love reading your post's, especially the humourous ones.

Do what I do, stay away from political and religion threads, and the abuse you will receive..

• Like 1

The tolerant #bekind lefties are at it again.....

How 'Day of Action' turned ugly: Dismayed poppy sellers surrounded by pro-Palestinian protesters, a crowd chanting 'shame on you' at child leaving McDonald's and tube passengers shouting 'smash the Zionist state' - as Met makes 29 arrests

• Sad 1