City Taxis Are Now Veezu

Just a heads-up that City Taxis are now to be called Veezu.

If you use the City Taxis app you’ll need to download the Veezu app now instead.

You can still call them on 01142393939 though — the number stays the same.

This change in name reflects that Veezu acquired City Taxis in February and so they are starting to change the brand over now. Veezu are a large cab/technology company with hubs across the UK. They are trying to consolidate local taxi firms across the country to compete with the likes of Uber.

10 minutes ago, deejayone said:

Just a heads-up that City Taxis are now to be called Veezu.

If you use the City Taxis app you’ll need to download the Veezu app now instead.

You can still call them on 01142393939 though — the number stays the same.

This change in name reflects that Veezu acquired City Taxis in February and so they are starting to change the brand over now. Veezu are a large cab/technology company with hubs across the UK. They are trying to consolidate local taxi firms across the country to compete with the likes of Uber.

I got that text as well although it appears to say you can phone them on the old number via the Veezu app - which I have no intention of downloading/.

And me.

I know they've taken over a lot more local taxi firms. As for the service from 'City' It's been from the top of the scale, right down to the very bottom of it.

I agree with the above...no apps!

I don't really care what they want to be called. I'd rather have a good service. I'll be using them this week, so we will see how they do.

28 minutes ago, zach said:

And me.

I know they've taken over a lot more local taxi firms. As for the service from 'City' It's been from the top of the scale, right down to the very bottom of it.

I agree with the above...no apps!

I don't really care what they want to be called. I'd rather have a good service. I'll be using them this week, so we will see how they do.

Just curious, Zach, why no apps?

Personally I find them quicker and more convenient than the phone and cash and stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Prettytom said:

Just curious, Zach, why no apps?

Personally I find them quicker and more convenient than the phone and cash and stuff.

Usually I do use them.

The last City one used to take money before the taxi came. 'IF' the taxi didn't turn up, it was a PITA getting the money back. I may use it when I see a bit of real feedback and experience from others...and obviously have a read on the app page etc.

4 minutes ago, zach said:

Usually I do use them.

The last City one used to take money before the taxi came. 'IF' the taxi didn't turn up, it was a PITA getting the money back. I may use it when I see a bit of real feedback and experience from others...and obviously have a read on the app page etc.

I  can see that would be a pain.

I only ever use Uber, or the guys next door who run about five cars😇

24 minutes ago, zach said:

Usually I do use them.

You can still pay by cash if you book using the app!

• Like 1

Wonder how much tax their trying to avoid...... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zach said:

Maybe use a credit card for payment on apps like that.

Then if there's any funny business and the company won't refund, just pop a call into the credit card company and have them sort it out.

Just now, geared said:

Maybe use a credit card for payment on apps like that.

Then if there's any funny business and the company won't refund, just pop a call into the credit card company and have them sort it out.

You can do chargebacks on debit cards too, again by just contacting your bank. The type of card isnt relevant in this case.

Credit cards offer something called Section 75 protection however there is a £100 minimum on these, most taxi fares are nowhere near this amount.

• Thanks 1

I do wish companies would use names that in some ways reflects what they do. 

'City Taxis' - no problem, says what it is.

'Veezu' - means nothing.

More and more companies do this. Why?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I do wish companies would use names that in some ways reflects what they do. 

'City Taxis' - no problem, says what it is.

'Veezu' - means nothing.

More and more companies do this. Why?

I see that Companies House shows their previous name as Radio Cabs (Bridgend) Ltd. That just rolls off the tongue.