How does your pet stay cool in the hot weather?

LOL, Jabberwocky one of my cats is just like yours. She once rolled out of the attic hatch and hit every rung on the ladder all the way down.

We will often hear a load of crashing followed by a thud and know that she's fallen out of a tree :lol:

As far as staying cool. Smitch has taken to sleeping under the bath (she knows the dogs won't pester her) or on the landing near the food and Smudge is laid out a few feet away from my fan right now bless her :D

LOL, Jabberwocky one of my cats is just like yours. She once rolled out of the attic hatch and hit every rung on the ladder all the way down.

We will often hear a load of crashing followed by a thud and know that she's fallen out of a tree :lol:

As far as staying cool. Smitch has taken to sleeping under the bath (she knows the dogs won't pester her) or on the landing near the food and Smudge is laid out a few feet away from my fan right now bless her :D

My idiot, as Im typing this, is spread-eagled on the cool kitchen floor like a huge squashed spider. I could shove a broomstick up his botty and hed make a lovely wondermop.

my charlie is vvv fluffy, so he either lies under my sunlounger if im oustide, otherwise he sleeps in our flower bush (dont know technical name!!!)

macy is short haired so doesnt suffer as much, she either lazes about in grass or sleeps in cat igloo bed i bought her at the weekend.

both of them wont sleep in our bed when got the fan on - theyre scaredy cats!!!

:)

caught one of my cats chomping on an ice cube id dropped the other day! one way to keep cool.

That's okay Joan ;)

We like to hear from ex-sheffielders too ;)

my staff rocky goes from one spot to another to find coolest spot. he crys alot too as dunt like this hot weather:) :)

Kacey the German Shepherd like to be hosed down and then she'll sit in the shade for a while. Bobby, on the other hand (rabbit) has a 2L bottle of frozen water, which he licks the condensation off of, or he lays at the side of it and cools himself down. My Mums dog Bracken goes for a swim in the paddling pool on her back garden!

Our spaniel Fergus lays out on the cool marble fireplace 'hearth' and also a thin tiled patch behind the front door that some long ago tradesman 'forgot' to laminate :)

Buddy the rabbit sits on the buffet in front of the fan when he is out of his cage and the fan blows accross the top of his cage so it just depends how hot he is to where he will be. The dog smurf sleeps behind the front door at night as there is a crack in it which allows nice cooling air through. Must get it fixed before winter. During the day he lies in the middle of a long leafed plant in the garden the name of which escapes me

We are lucky enough to have a fairly cool flat, as not much sunlight comes in. (actually quite nice when it's hot outside!) Ozzy dog moves from the sun outside to his bed inside.

For the rabbit (Smirnoff) and G Pig (little pig Tuck) I have plastic bottles in the freezer that I take out every morning and put in the cage, they use it as a kind of opposite hot water bottle :suspect: I tried putting one in Ozzys bed but he was scared of it :D daft little doggy! I also give them fruit/veg washed in cold water, still wet.

Ekans the snake isn't too bothered, although he probably doesn't notice that much (he has his heated matt turned off in the summer) and is in a cool part of the house.

My horse probably suffers the most. If it is very hot with no breeze, she comes inside, if not she stays on a hill. I check her 2 or 3 times a day to make sure she isn't suffering, and bring her in if she is, and she always enjoys a cold bath after riding when it's hot! although it's been too hot to ride much recently :mad:

My cat has started going out through the living room window and laying on the garage roof to keep cool in the breeze. Its a jump of about three feet. He was out there this morning and I didnt realise and I closed the window.

I was sitting here typing just now and I heared a repeated and muffled thump thump thumping on the glass.

I went to see what it was and..

That stupid cat was jumping up at the window, bashing his pointy little head on it and trying again and again. I didnt realise what it was at first until his face suddenly appeared and squashed itself on the glass before sliding downwards and out of sight. I almost had a heart attack.

Gadget (shorthaired staffie X dog) is absolutely loving this hot weather!

He doesn't try to cool down at all - quite the opposite!

He lays outside sunbathing until he's baking hot to touch, then literally staggers into the house & flumps onto the wooden floor with a big thud!

P1012844.jpg

P1012838.jpg