Operation Bubbles Cracks Down On Dodgy Car Washes.

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

Arrests after modern slavery raids at Sheffield car washes and nail bars https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-66399164

I walked past the Abbeydale Road one whilst the police operation was in full swing. They weren’t messing about. Police everywhere, men being questioned and a lot of back up hiding up the road 

It needs doing more often. It would be a much better way of stopping the boats than barges, big tops or flights to Rwanda.

• Thanks 1

These places are more money laundering than car washing.

• Like 2

Mrs Sheffield Roofline says the nail bars are total money laundering centres.

My van hasn't had a bath for around 18 months. Can we wait another week for the car washes please ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Prettytom said:

I walked past the Abbeydale Road one whilst the police operation was in full swing. They weren’t messing about. Police everywhere, men being questioned and a lot of back up hiding up the road 

It needs doing more often. It would be a much better way of stopping the boats than barges, big tops or flights to Rwanda.

I fully agree and wonder how long it will take before highly paid government officials twig onto this.  Makes me wonder why we bother paying the government at all.

They could also start issuing ID cards too and look into why,  hardly anyone is deported,   despite being here illegally,  and also despite breaking our laws.

If they can't do anything once they get here,  maybe many of them wouldn't bother coming.

Pam  Ayres would tell them "They should have asked my husband"

Edited by Organgrinder
  • Like 1

On 03/08/2023 at 20:25, *Wallace* said:

These places are more money laundering than car washing.

they need to take a good look at kebab shops, milk shake parlours etc, there aint that many customers for a kebab or shawarma every day.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ab6262 said:

they need to take a good look at kebab shops, milk shake parlours etc, there aint that many customers for a kebab or shawarma every day.

And the American candy shops.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

Which never seem to be open?

10 hours ago, ab6262 said:

As above.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Which never seem to be open?

Money laundering.

Cash heavy business is a perfect place to wash illegal money, places like barbers are even better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, *Wallace* said:

And the Tango Blast shops. One at the bottom of London Road and the other in Attercliffe.  Again, neither seem to be open at any point when I pass. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geared said:

Money laundering.

Cash heavy business is a perfect place to wash illegal money, places like barbers are even better.

My barber must be clean then. He prefers card, but mostly because he says he CBA with the bank trips :hihi:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2