19 Billion In Unclaimed Benefits!

2 minutes ago, fools said:

are said to be ... don't you ever question numbers.

It's hard to be accurate when people don't always advertise the fact that they're going hungry. 

I see plenty of very skinny poor people going around with that grey, pinched look.  

However 2,500 children were admitted to hospital with Malnutrition. So verifiable.

12 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Yes.

5% of the population of Britain (3 million) are said to be malnourished according to the British association of parential and enteral nutrition, in 2020 

Of these 2,500 children were admitted to hospital with malnutrition in the first 6 months of 2020 

According to Age UK at least 2 elderly people a week die of starvation.  

https://www.bapen.org.uk

(And my post was not directed at you personally Hackey Lad.)

We lost a family member due to not eating , it was due to Alzheimer’s/ Dementia.  Is that on your list.  Cannot find any truth in what you said on that link 

Edited by hackey lad

9 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

We lost a family member due to not eating , it was due to Alzheimer’s/ Dementia.  Is that on your list.

Sorry to hear it, but yes it happens. 

Between 20% and 50% of elderly people are admitted to hospital with malnutrition as a contributing factor. 

I've seen it happen. When I was in hospital an old lady in the bed opposite was served with meals every day and ate none of it. No one encouraged her, or assisted her to eat, or even seemed to notice. I mentioned it to a nurse, but nothing was done to help her.

Edited by Anna B

16 minutes ago, Anna B said:

It's hard to be accurate when people don't always advertise the fact that they're going hungry. 

I see plenty of very skinny poor people going around with that grey, pinched look.  

However 2,500 children were admitted to hospital with Malnutrition. So verifiable.

every stat, comes packaged with a narrative. you claimed 7 million kids were poverty stricken earlier, as if we are some third world country from the 18th century.

malnutrition can mean a variety of things, lack of certain vitamins, too much food, too little, wrong foods, bulimia, cancer, old age and on and on the list goes ... it doesn't mean people in this country are starving due to lack of money, however much the left wing media would love to blame the tories

Edited by fools

3 hours ago, Magilla said:

Really?

Is that why:

Democratic congressional districts account for 64% of the U.S. GDP

Democrat states have ~27% more millionaires than Republican states

The average household income in Democrat states is ~$237,000

The average household income in Republican states is~ $164,000

Democratic districts have a median household income of $61,000

Republican districts have a median household income of $55,000
35.88% of people in Democrat states have a degree

27.76% of people in Republican states have a degree

Republican states have a 4.53% higher unemployment rate than Democrat states

Republican states have 23.9% higher poverty rates than Democrat states

? :?

Chalk this one up as another episode in the popular serial "Al gets taken up the garden path and his pants pulled down"! 🤣

I think you'll find that the democrats run liberal states cities like New York, LA, Portland and San Francisco that have a high concentration of rich people

Where as republicans run more rural towns and cities

So it's not really a far analysis 

2 hours ago, fools said:

every stat, comes packaged with a narrative. you claimed 7 million kids were poverty stricken earlier, as if we are some third world country from the 18th century.

malnutrition can mean a variety of things, lack of certain vitamins, too much food, too little, wrong foods, bulimia, cancer, old age and on and on the list goes ... it doesn't mean people in this country are starving due to lack of money, however much the left wing media would love to blame the tories

Not my figures, I'm quoting from the BBC. But you can check online if you want. Same figure on there.

If you think poverty has no affect on the wellbeing and health of people, you are very much mistaken. People in the poorer parts of Britain such as the North East have a life expectancy 10 years short of those in more affluent areas which is why I get cross at the 'we're all living longer' brigade who use it as an excuse to push up the retirement age. We're not all living longer, and once again it's the poorest in society who are losing out. 

Edited by Anna B

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Not my figures, I'm quoting from the BBC. But you can check online if you want. Same figure on there.

If you think poverty has no affect on the wellbeing and health of people, you are very much mistaken.

There is no poverty in the UK

Yes there are poor people but no one is starving 

And everyone has the opportunity for education , healthcare and employment 

Backed up by a very generous social security system 

4 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

There is no poverty in the UK

Yes there are poor people but no one is starving 

And everyone has the opportunity for education , healthcare and employment 

Backed up by a very generous social security system 

So all the government figures must be wrong then? 

People would be starving if it wasn't for the generosity of food banks.

No doubt you will think they do, but I assure you not everyone has the same opportunities, as has been proved many times over in a myriad of studies..

Our social security system is not as generous as you think. Many people are officially living well below the poverty line.

9 minutes ago, Anna B said:

No doubt you will think they do, but I assure you not everyone has the same opportunities, as has been proved many times over in a myriad of studies..

Our social security system is not as generous as you think. Many people are officially living well below the poverty line.

I'm well travelled around the world and I've seen real poverty

You obviously don't know how good we've got it in this country 

There aren't many countries around the world whos government will give people cash to sit on their backsides all day watching TV

You want to label people as victims when most of them are just lazy 

The evidence is there that people have grown up in poor areas but have succeeded because they worked hard and because the UK gives anyone the opportunity to make a comfortable life for themselves 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Western World poverty is nothing like real poverty.

What's the poverty line these days?

4 hours ago, Magilla said:

Really?

Is that why:

Democratic congressional districts account for 64% of the U.S. GDP

Democrat states have ~27% more millionaires than Republican states

The average household income in Democrat states is ~$237,000

The average household income in Republican states is~ $164,000

Democratic districts have a median household income of $61,000

Republican districts have a median household income of $55,000
35.88% of people in Democrat states have a degree

27.76% of people in Republican states have a degree

Republican states have a 4.53% higher unemployment rate than Democrat states

Republican states have 23.9% higher poverty rates than Democrat states

? :?

Chalk this one up as another episode in the popular serial "Al gets taken up the garden path and his pants pulled down"! 🤣

Aye, ok then.