Arctic Monkeys Concerts In Hillsborough Park

I live just up the road from the park and they are currently doing a sound check ... it is ridiculously loud. There is now way this concert should be allowed to be going ahead. It's in the middle of a residential area and for that noise to going on is out of order!!!

Why isn't it at the arena? Or the Sheff Wed ground? At least there the noise would be shielded a bit by the stands!!!

Can hear them at the top of Stannington!

Good luck, I simple suggested on here that the Def Leppard concert at Bramall Lane should have been at the weekend rather than a weekday and it was mainly shot down in flames. 

well is SCC making a profit? if thats the case they are not bothered,but that park will find it hard to continue ground wise with tramlines,circus ,funfairs ect,ect,it not fair to the local people,i say spread all these events around the city,its better to help each park as well.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bassett one said:

well is SCC making a profit? if thats the case they are not bothered,but that park will find it hard to continue ground wise with tramlines,circus ,funfairs ect,ect,it not fair to the local people,i say spread all these events around the city,its better to help each park as well.

How do you suggest a few thousand people safely disperse from Norfolk or Graves or Firth Park, have you run the numbers? 

Also, why does it matter? Unless you are going to shock us all by claiming you would have gone were it nearer. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

The weather looking good so I hope the fans have a great time.

My teenage grandchildren are both going and as I also live within earshot of the park a couple of days of inconvenience is not a problem for me and hopefully not for the majority.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

How do you suggest a few thousand people safely disperse from Norfolk or Graves or Firth Park, have you run the numbers? 

Also, why does it matter? Unless you are going to shock us all by claiming you would have gone were it nearer. 

You have a point about both Graves and Firth Park, but Norfolk Park is well served by three tram stops (Arbourthorne Road, Park Grange Croft, and Granville Road/Sheffield College), it's ten minutes' walk (downhill) to Sheffield Rail Station/tramstop and the bus Interchange, and is surrounded by many streets with no parking restrictions (so far).

Arctic Monkeys open air gig in Leeds - grrrr, why aren't we getting these concerts in Sheffield, shakes fist, clutches pearls

Arctic Monkeys open air gig in Sheffield  - grrr, why are we getting these concerts in Sheffield, shakes fist, clutches pearls

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, ShotoKarate said:

I live just up the road from the park and they are currently doing a sound check ... it is ridiculously loud. There is now way this concert should be allowed to be going ahead. It's in the middle of a residential area and for that noise to going on is out of order!!!

Why isn't it at the arena? Or the Sheff Wed ground? At least there the noise would be shielded a bit by the stands!!!

It starts at 5pm and will be over a few hours later

Will you be ok or will you need some counselling? 

Below is the link for the Samaritan's 🙄

https://www.samaritans.org/

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

You have a point about both Graves and Firth Park, but Norfolk Park is well served by three tram stops (Arbourthorne Road, Park Grange Croft, and Granville Road/Sheffield College), it's ten minutes' walk (downhill) to Sheffield Rail Station/tramstop and the bus Interchange, and is surrounded by many streets with no parking restrictions (so far).

Norfolk Park has other issues such as not enough flat land there to hold a huge concert like this. 

• Like 1

Big concert in Sheffield? …held outdoors?…you can bet it’ll keep someone’s wife awake …maybe they can have a word with admin on here & see what they’ve got to say about it 😂😂

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Norfolk Park has other issues such as not enough flat land there to hold a huge concert like this. 

Why does the land have to be flat ?