Name This Indian Restaurant.

Can anyone remember the name of an Indian Restaurant on (I think) Westfield Terrace it used to have a bouncer on the door (a burly Indian gentleman) and a steel spiral staircase inside??

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

Can anyone remember the name of an Indian Restaurant on (I think) Westfield Terrace it used to have a bouncer on the door (a burly Indian gentleman) and a steel spiral staircase inside??

Himalaya, or was that on Convent Walk?

Himalaya was at Convent Walk 

Edited by Annie Bynnol
correction

Don't know refuse to go in any place with a bouncer on the door 

It was the bombay. The owners also had khans on West Street. Used to go to the bombay all the time, it changed into a more upmarket Indian (cafe guru, I think it was called) but wasn't as good. Now a Chinese place I think, I don't venture that way very often nowadays

Edited by slh73

13 hours ago, Colin Foster said:

They had to have bouncers in the 60s as too many drunkards came out of the dance halls( City Hall and Locarno) on Friday and Saturday nights blind drunk and tried to get into these Indian restaurants.

16 hours ago, Colin Foster said:

Mmm interesting...

Would you not go into the Ritz or the Savoy in London? 

They have Bouncers on the door to keep the Riff Raff out,

but they're called Concierges and wear top hats. 

3 hours ago, pattricia said:

They had to have bouncers in the 60s as too many drunkards came out of the dance halls( City Hall and Locarno) on Friday and Saturday nights blind drunk and tried to get into these Indian restaurants.

Don't think that's true at all, few places except clubs, employed bouncers - not like today.

18 hours ago, Elmambo said:

Don't think that's true at all, few places except clubs, employed bouncers - not like today.

There were bouncers on the doors of some of  the village pubs where I grew up on weekends in the early 80's.

On 25/05/2023 at 14:35, pattricia said:

I bet you got refused entry loads of times then.  :hihi: