Dickinson's Real Deal, Sheffield Football Programmes Make Over £4,000

cressida

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Auction fees, mate. Programmes like Bargain Hunt conveniently forget these fees exist. This programme though is transparent.

On Flogg it they say say how much the sellers fees are at the start of the show. Don't know if Bargain Hunt does the same.

It doesn’t surprise me.
My grandfather had three bound volumes of SUFC programmes from the early 1900s in his bookcase. When he died in the 70s my mother and my aunty had the house cleared and got £14 for the entire contents.
About 25 years later one of the books turned up at a football memorabilia auction in Glasgow and fetched £9,000. 

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

Currently most auction results are derived from on-line auctions where bidding is unseen,  also I’ve not noticed any ‘hiding’ of auction commissions.

"Hiding" is maybe the wrong word, go and watch an episode of Bargain Hunt, it simply isnt mentioned. A team in the real world wont be making £10 profit on an item they bought for £60 and sold for £70 at an auction house that then creams 18% off the price, but it is presented to the viewer that they have made a profit, which is incorrect. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

"Hiding" is maybe the wrong word, go and watch an episode of Bargain Hunt, it simply isnt mentioned. A team in the real world wont be making £10 profit on an item they bought for £60 and sold for £70 at an auction house that then creams 18% off the price, but it is presented to the viewer that they have made a profit, which is incorrect. 

I usually watch the one/ones where the buyers are using their own money and commissions are mentioned.