Words On Screen So Faint

Minimo

Is it just me /my eyesight or is there anything I can do to change contrast (?) to make what I am reading on here and on Facebook etc brighter? I don't remember it being so faint  previously but now I am having to peer at the screen to read  the words. Increasing font size doesn't really help much.

48 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

OK - Didn't know what keyboard you had. I don't know W10 well enough to make specific suggestions, but does typing 'Accessibility' into the search box on the main menu help?

I sort of got to display settings but then got lost. I'm too old for this, I think I'll have to wait till I next call out my computer man Simon.   Edit to add, I just had a call from another Forum member who has helped me previously, and he will come and have a look at this problem too. This is what is so good about Sheffield Forum, someone always steps up to help and I really do appreciate it.

Edited by Minimo
extra details

Could it be as simple as you having accidentally changed the "zoom" level you are using?

Try this:

Press the Ctrl button (usually far left on your keyboard) down and (while it is still held down) slowly push the middle "wheel" button on your mouse forward, until you get to the right size for you, then release the button.

Even if this is not the full solution for you, it should help until someone with more technical background can get to you.

Alternatively, you may have altered the contrast on your monitor (easily done accidentally as many are on the side or close to where you turn the monitor off).  You'll need the monitor manual to help locate the buttons if that is the case.

• Thanks 1

These bright white screen background sites can be problematic.

Are you using a laptop, if you change your viewing angle up and down, left/right, change the screen hinge position, does the grey turn darker?

See your browsers color and font settings, overriding the sites white background colour may help

You could also ask the site creators to choose a less glaring background colour.

Edited by fools