Concorde Supersonic Flights

I watched a programme on tv last night about the demise of Concorde.

A tragic disaster, avoidable by all accounts, put paid to supersonic flights on this type of aircraft for the elite and wealthy of the time.  I was always in awe seeing it in flight and longed for the day I could afford to be able to have the experience. 
Has anyone on SF flown on Concorde? Did you see the programme?

It's a long way but if you want the Concorde experience you still can at Brooklands Transport Museum near Weybridge.

You get a flight ticket and get to virtually experience the take off and cruising at Mach 2.

Lots of old racing cars, racing bikes and bicycles too that used to race around the Brooklands track.

• Like 1

I was once stuck in JFK en-route to the UK with British Airways.
Different flights had been delayed meaning that I had missed my last connection across the Atlantic.

Whilst dealing with the customer service desk to get me on the next flight, I thought that I was being fobbed of as I could see a flight (BA002 or similar) was leaving within the next 2 hours, rather than the 6 or 7 hour wait that they were imposing on me.

As I was a bit insistent, she was good natured and whilst she agreed that there were seats available on that flight, she could show me a picture of that plane so that all would become clear. 

Yep. It was Concorde and the necessary upgrade was out of the question! 🤪

2 hours ago, Findlay said:

It's a long way but if you want the Concorde experience you still can at Brooklands Transport Museum near Weybridge.

You get a flight ticket and get to virtually experience the take off and cruising at Mach 2.

Lots of old racing cars, racing bikes and bicycles too that used to race around the Brooklands track.

Or in the case of somewhere I worked many years ago, your number came up in a raffle. (I think the flight only went as far as the Bay of Biscay)

Would you believe it, out of three factory's with probably 1500 plus employees, the winning ticket (drawn by the management team) 

belonged to  the most stickiest  of the Senior Trade unionist team,  🤣 you just couldn't write it could you :rolleyes: :suspect:.

20 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Or in the case of somewhere I worked many years ago, your number came up in a raffle. (I think the flight only went as far as the Bay of Biscay)

Would you believe it, out of three factory's with probably 1500 plus employees, the winning ticket (drawn by the management team) 

belonged to  the most stickiest  of the Senior Trade unionist team,  🤣 you just couldn't write it could you :rolleyes: :suspect:.

Corruption with trade union people??

Whatever next?!?