South Yorkshire Bus Service Needs Improvement

1 minute ago, Resident said:

Cabin heating requires

This is a very simple point. In the depths of winter, some buses are warm and toasty, some are not, some are freezing, really freezing (mainly single deckers), not helped by the drivers who leave the doors open. Some are filthy, some are not. Some have cans of booze rolling about, some don't.

Are you suggesting this is acceptable in 2022?

Guest busdriver1
3 minutes ago, fools said:

The buses I'm talking about were cold with the windows shut, so they'll be even colder with the windows open.

Starting to get boring now. 

I'm out. 😝

1 minute ago, fools said:

The buses I'm talking about were cold with the windows shut, so they'll be even colder with the windows open.

As I've said previously, I use public transport exclusively as I'm not a driver, and I have not noticed 'cold' buses, unless it is the very odd one in the past with defective heating - not something I have experienced recently.

1 minute ago, busdriver1 said:

Starting to get boring now. 

I'm out. 😝

Not surprised - I feel like I'm banging my head on a concrete block, too.

5 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

God, its like flying with Ryanair and then moaning the seats arent as comfy as Virgin Atlantic.

Its a BUS. For a SHORT JOURNEY. Comfort costs MONEY. Who pays for this?

Short distance or little time? We have a car and some destination can be reached in 5 minutes at legal speed limit but the buses needed to get there take 40 minutes. 

You do not know what comfort is and have little experience and a blurred vision on this topic

33 minutes ago, dutch said:

Short distance or little time? We have a car and some destination can be reached in 5 minutes at legal speed limit but the buses needed to get there take 40 minutes. 

You do not know what comfort is and have little experience and a blurred vision on this topic

I dont know what comfort is? You base that opinion on what exactly?

I am a realist. A bus is designed for short journeys, demanding they are "comfortable" when you are paying a few quid is laughable. If comfort is that important, get a taxi.

2 hours ago, fools said:

This is a very simple point. In the depths of winter, some buses are warm and toasty, some are not, some are freezing, really freezing (mainly single deckers), not helped by the drivers who leave the doors open. Some are filthy, some are not. Some have cans of booze rolling about, some don't.

Are you suggesting this is acceptable in 2022?

Barring any defect with the heating, the warm one will have been running for a number of hours so the engine's coolant will be upto temp in order to heat the heat-exchangers that provide that warmth. Conversely a cold bus may have only just started it's service and therefore not upto temp.

Are you suggesting that bus companies should leave buses idling in the yard until they're upto temp and warm, something that could potentially, depending on outside temps, take upto an hour in service & longer at idle? Something that would not only be wasteful in terms of fuel & wages (someone would need to be on the bus for that time) but would also pollute the environment.

Drivers will leave doors open so that intending passengers can board. What you don't seem to understand is that if the heating hasn't warmed the saloon, it's cold in the cab too as it uses the same heating system. Drivers combat this by wearing a coat or extra layers, which is common sense. 

Buses are cleaned overnight before resuming service in the morning. If it's filthy by the time you get to it then it's down to your fellow passengers using the service before you.