What Would You Like To See Change In Our City?

18 minutes ago, kaytie said:

And provide incentives for more quality shop chains to set up.   Would like to see a branch of SpaceNK and Zara and  Bally.

I wouldn’t take to much notice of him love, he lives in his own little world.

1 hour ago, Penistone999 said:

Also clear the city centre streets of Spice Zombies and beggars. 

Where would you and your mates go then?

44 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Where would you and your mates go then?

One of his properties. He’s got a property portfolio don’t you know?

Edited by Mister Gee

On 23/08/2019 at 19:47, haddy said:

Town centre with less empty buses and more car friendly to promote business 

There isn't anything worth visiting in the city centre, that's why the busses are empty. 

The out of town shopping centres offer more choice, free parking and more transport options. 

If you have a query about moderation, you can take it to the helpdesk.

1 hour ago, soopah said:

There isn't anything worth visiting in the city centre, that's why the busses are empty. 

The out of town shopping centres offer more choice, free parking and more transport options. 

Er, what about the Crucible and Lyceum theatres, the City Hall, two Cathedrals, Millenium Gallery, Graves Art Gallery, Winter Garden, four cinemas, numerous restaurants and bars?   It's not all about shopping  ... although having said that, my favourite shop, John Lewis, is only in the city centre .

9 minutes ago, kaytie said:

Er, what about the Crucible and Lyceum theatres, the City Hall, two Cathedrals, Millenium Gallery, Graves Art Gallery, Winter Garden, four cinemas, numerous restaurants and bars?   It's not all about shopping  ... although having said that, my favourite shop, John Lewis, is only in the city centre .

You forgot our wonderful canal basin...where I shall be heading to later for a pint and a little live music after we've done the lego brick  exhibitions at  as part of Bricktropolis.  Probably pop into Weston park museum for the Joe Scarborough exhibition  on the way down .

Or join the traffic jam for Ikea and Meadowhell ...no thanks  

27 minutes ago, WalkleyIan said:

You forgot our wonderful canal basin...where I shall be heading to later for a pint and a little live music after we've done the lego brick  exhibitions at  as part of Bricktropolis.  Probably pop into Weston park museum for the Joe Scarborough exhibition  on the way down .

Or join the traffic jam for Ikea and Meadowhell ...no thanks  

I'm sure there are other things I missed too!   Hope you have a great time.   As for Meadowhell,  I think it's about four years since I went there...and then really only for an event at M&S.   

The abolition of parking charges in the city centre.

It's ridiculous.  I, us, everyone I know.. would shop WAY more in the Centre, if it wasn't for car parking charges.!

39 minutes ago, FinBak said:

The abolition of parking charges in the city centre.

It's ridiculous.  I, us, everyone I know.. would shop WAY more in the Centre, if it wasn't for car parking charges.!

Yeah yeah  same old argument done to death.     NO city centre has open and free parking its bloody rediculous to even suggest it.

Every office worker, student, business visitor, hotel guest and leisure visitor would take up such "free" spaces before the shoppers even got a look in. 

The city centre is not just some glorified shopping mall.     The reason why shopping malls can offer free parking is because that's all they have to offer.  That's the sole purpose why people go.  

The city has offices, university buildings, trade colleges, railway stations, health centres, courts, civil service buildings, theatres, galleries, libraries and hotels to add to the mix. 

Just name me one city centre that has no parking charges.    Even in the USA which lets face it , is the king of car use - they still charge for downtown parking. 

Edited by ECCOnoob

34 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Yeah yeah  same old argument done to death.     NO city centre has open and free parking its bloody rediculous to even suggest it.

Every office worker, student, business visitor, hotel guest and leisure visitor would take up such "free" spaces before the shoppers even got a look in. 

The city centre is not just some glorified shopping mall.     The reason why shopping malls can offer free parking is because that's all they have to offer.  That's the sole purpose why people go.  

The city has offices, university buildings, trade colleges, railway stations, health centres, courts, civil service buildings, theatres, galleries, libraries and hotels to add to the mix. 

Just name me one city centre that has no parking charges.    Even in the USA which lets face it , is the king of car use - they still charge for downtown parking. 

That would be a Valid Point...But ...Where are these "Workers" you talk of.. actually going to work?..

Apart from the few shops in the City that are open for business.

Not all of those people have cars.

95% of the workers in Sheffield City centre get there by Tram.

On 24/08/2019 at 09:23, Crissie said:

I like true street art, I see it as a completely different thing to the illegible untidy tagging that is everywhere around us these days.

Because there never was any graffiti in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s...

I agree we could do without, but ‘these days’ is a nonsense.