Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

2 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

That  allegation is comedy gold  coming from the poster, who has to twist the democratic EU referendum result figures and counts votes from people who never voted for whatever reasons to argue that Leave didn't win.

Nobody won.

One side got 36%, the other got 35%. The day before, it was dead level and too close to call and the day after, it went in Remain’s favour.

Trying to claim some kind of democratic mandate for this mess makes you just look desperate and lacking in any credible argument. 😯

3 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

I agree, now show me where in the above it states that he is silencing MP's? Seems like another piece of made up fiction by you.

Boris isn’t silencing MPs, I agree.

He is merely taking legal advice about the best way to silence MPs.

Are you ok with that? I’m not.

6 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Boris isn’t silencing MPs, I agree.

He is merely taking legal advice about the best way to silence MPs.

Are you ok with that? I’m not.

Any parallels in history? Perhaps in other right wing dictatorships?

Boris is toxic for the UK and he should be ousted as soon as possible.

He is not speaking on behalf of the electorate or anyone else but himself and his own lying cheating ego.

15 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Nobody won.

One side got 36%, the other got 35%. The day before, it was dead level and too close to call and the day after, it went in Remain’s favour.

Trying to claim some kind of democratic mandate for this mess makes you just look desperate and lacking in any credible argument. 😯

In this country the right to vote was hard won by our ancestors. if you can’t be bothered to get off your backside to vote without good cause then your right to complain is nullified. So the 36% and 35% who did vote are the only who can be counted not the 29% that’s left.

Edited by hobinfoot

16 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

I agree, now show me where in the above it states that he is silencing MP's? Seems like another piece of made up fiction by you.

oh give over, read between the lines, hes telling people not to listen to them, ie:- silence people by getting people to ignore them, and calling them wrong.

3 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

In this country the right to was hard won by our ancestors. if you can’t be bothered to get off your backside without good cause then your right to complain is nullified.

What nonsense!

If someone wants to complain about anything, it it entirely up to them. It nothing to do with you, me or anyone else.

47 minutes ago, melthebell said:

As for democracy, it now seems Downing street are trying to silence those that oppose Brexit, sounds more like a dictaorship than democracy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49473497

silencing opponants is NOT democracy

It sounds like Downing Street are trying to stop the Brexit blockers in Parliament from undermining the negotiations in trying to get a deal or managed exit from the EU. While the EU still believe there is a chance Brexit can be stopped they are less likely to reopen the Withdrawal Agreement or ditch the Backstop and agree to an alternative.

13 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Nobody won.

You're just having a laugh. I am beginning to think you are really a Leave voter and are only here to make Remain voters who don't respect democracy look worse than they really  are

3 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

It sounds like Downing Street are trying to stop the Brexit blockers in Parliament from undermining the negotiations in trying to get a deal or managed exit from the EU. While the EU still believe there is a chance Brexit can be stopped they are less likely to reopen the Withdrawal Agreement or ditch the Backstop and agree to an alternative.

CODSWALLOP

they are turning it into a dictatorship and doing everything to keep the faint hope of a no deal alive. That includes still refusing to rule out closing parlaiment in the run up to october 31st....its NOT democracy at work its a dictator.

3 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

While the EU still believe there is a chance Brexit can be stopped they are less likely to reopen the Withdrawal Agreement or ditch the Backstop and agree to an alternative.

Do you any evidence for that at all?

From where me and most people are looking the EU has said that the negotiations ended last November and aren’t going to be reopened.

14 minutes ago, melthebell said:

hes telling people not to listen to them, ie:- silence people by getting people to ignore them, and calling them wrong.

The difficulty he has with that is that they think he is a complete idiot and a political lightweight.

51 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Nobody won.

Even taking your nonsense lies about the result share 36 is MORE than 35.    Leave therefore won.

400+ pages on this thread and you still are failing basic primary school maths.

No matter how many times you desprately try to argue it -  Non voters / dont knows and spolit ballots does not equal a vote to remain.   

Edited by ECCOnoob

23 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

What nonsense!

If someone wants to complain about anything, it it entirely up to them. It nothing to do with you, me or anyone else.

It’s you who has said in many posts that only a minority voted to leave I’ve said if you want to complain about a vote then take part not moan about it after saying I wish I’d taken part now because the result is not the one I wanted.

4 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

You are blatently lying.

OK, you are clearly struggling with the maths, so let’s make this really simple.

Do a majority of adults in the UK wish to leave the EU?