Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

6 minutes ago, Padders said:

They did"nt just pick up votes though,  they decimated the other parties.

That is because it was local elections, now lets see what happens with the EU elections as if this was anything to go by then they should also do very well in those.

10 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The majority gain in the local elections was nothing to do with Brexit and everything to do with voting against the two main parties for failing to take us out of the EU.

Pro-remain Lib Dems and Greens gained because Labour and the Tories failed to take us out of the EU???????

5 minutes ago, Padders said:

:huh: Well then it"s everything to do with Brexit.

Not necessarily, it could just be due to the increasing mistrust that people have with MP's after seeing them braying in the commons and trying to outdo each other introducing bills that do nothing.

10 minutes ago, apelike said:

Not necessarily, it could just be due to the increasing mistrust that people have with MP's after seeing them braying in the commons and trying to outdo each other introducing bills that do nothing.

You Brexiteers really are clutching at straws now, the pro remain party's cleaned up because the majority don't want Brexit anymore now they realise they were massively lied too, and are being starved of the option to change their minds. When are you people going to wake up to this?

3 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

You Brexiteers really are clutching at straws now, the pro remain party's cleaned up because the majority don't want Brexit anymore now they realise they were massively lied too, and are being starved of the option to change their minds. When are you people going to wake up to this?

The people want Brexit and the majority of UK seats in the fig leaf EU parliament will go to anti-EU parties in a few weeks time.

Hard Lexit NOW.

Edited by Car Boot

3 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The people want Brexit.

Really?

4 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

the majority of UK seats in the fig leaf EU parliament will go to anti-EU parties in a few weeks time.

And that will achieve what exactly? 

5 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Hard Lexit NOW.

Dream on.

3 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The people want Brexit and the majority of UK seats in the fig leaf EU parliament will go to anti-EU parties in a few weeks time.

Hard Lexit NOW.

To achieve that, Labour would have to be in power. Ain't going to happen.

Oh and why did Labour and the Tories lose seats to pro-remain parties in the local elections?

1 hour ago, Dardandec said:

The only ones I see clutching at straws are the remainers on here who keep posting rubbish as above about being starved of their right to change their mind and vote again. It is safe to say that no-one knows at this early stage as to why any of the pro remain parties "cleaned up" in the local elections. It could simply just be down to protest votes like a lot of referendum votes were. Even more important is the fact that Greens have only one MP in parliament and the LibDems only 11. I know many who instead of being stupid and spoiling their voting paper just voted for the outsider in protest. Lets just await the results of the UK EU elections and see how the LibDems do in that. 

Edited by apelike

1 hour ago, Longcol said:

Oh and why did Labour and the Tories lose seats to pro-remain parties in the local elections?

See above.

6 minutes ago, apelike said:

The only ones I see clutching at straws are the remainers on here who keep posting rubbish as above about being starved of their right to change their mind and vote again. It is safe to say that no-one knows at this early stage as to why any of the pro remain parties "cleaned up" in the local elections. It could simply just be down to protest votes like a lot of referendum votes were. Even more important is the fact that Greens have only one MP in parliament and the LibDems only 11. I know many who instead of being stupid and spoiling their voting paper just voted for the outsider in protest. Lets just await the results of the UK EU elections and see how the LibDems do in that. 

You keep clutching at straws mate and keep telling yourself that . ;) anti-Brexit party cleans up, let me think, maybe they liked the logo? Protest vote? really? I want Brexit but I will vote for a pro European party. You need to try again mate and keep them straws well and truly clutched. :lol: 

6 minutes ago, apelike said:

See above.

I see nonsense in your post above - a denial of the fact pro-remain parties gained seats in the local elections.

14 minutes ago, apelike said:

I know many who instead of being stupid and spoiling their voting paper just voted for the outsider in protest. 

Are you seriously suggesting that disaffected Brexit supporters voted Lib Dem or Green?