Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

1 hour ago, apelike said:

Oh dear, its the remainers who are the ones that are clutching at straws

Given that the only options realistically left are some form of customs union exit or no Brexit at all, I suspect that it is the leavers who are clutching at straws. 

What compromises would the Remain side have made for Leave voters if the result of the referendum vote had been 52:48 for Remain back in June 2016?

I think we all know the answer.

24 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Given that the only options realistically left are some form of customs union exit or no Brexit at all, I suspect that it is the leavers who are clutching at straws. 

I think you are clutching at straws , accusing other people, of clutching at straws

14 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

What compromises would the Remain side have made for Leave voters if the result of the referendum vote had been 52:48 for Remain back in June 2016?

I think we all know the answer.

Remain is a known quantity. Leave isn’t. 

Leave side would have continued campaigning from the margins, and remain side would have continued opposing. Its that simple.

As a leaver, even given that leave won, it is not in your gift to impose undemocratic changes on the country. Yes we can leave but leave don’t exclusively own the process. We all own it. You are not in any position to offer compromises.

10 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Remain is a known quantity. Leave isn’t. 

Leave side would have continued campaigning from the margins, and remain side would have continued opposing. Its that simple.

As a leaver, even given that leave won, it is not in your gift to impose undemocratic changes on the country. Yes we can leave but leave don’t exclusively own the process. We all own it. You are not in any position to offer compromises.

Remain is not a known quantity. The status quo is not an option as the EU refuses to remain as it is now.

The EU is changing. Fast. It has recently dropped it's pretense of being a 'peace project', for example, and is diverting €13 billion from its social agenda towards designing and building cutting edge military weapons to be used in conflict situations.

NO TO EU MILITARISATION.

NO TO AN EU ARMY.

6 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Remain is not a known quantity. The status quo is not an option as the EU refuses to remain as it is now.

The EU is changing. Fast. It has recently dropped it's pretense of being a 'peace project', for example, and is diverting €13 billion from its social agenda towards designing and building cutting edge military weapons to be used in conflict situations.

NO TO EU MILITARISATION.

NO TO AN EU ARMY.

How can we stop an EU army if we aren't in the EU? If we were in, prime minister corbyn could veto the whole shebang.

How to do we stop an EU army?

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

How can we stop an EU army if we aren't in the EU? If we were in, prime minister corbyn could veto the whole shebang.

Don't join it and cut off funding.

47 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Why would compromises be needed?

We just stay in the EU.

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Stop giving me jokes :D Three words in your post that will never be spoken

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Stop giving me jokes :D Three words in your post that will never be spoken

An EU army?

I thought you Brexiteers were paranoid about an EU army and in fact some of you claim that it already exists? 😱

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

An EU army?

I thought you Brexiteers were paranoid about an EU army and in fact some of you claim that it already exists? 😱

Wrong answer ,  try again

The EU - increasing profits for global arms dealers and helping to make the world a less safe place.

Edited by Car Boot