The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

5 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Right to free movement, reciprocal healthcare, dilution of employment rights.

But that right to free movement will be removed for all in the UK but you will still be able to travel. As said before I'm not sure about the healthcare bit but dilution of employment rights! What rights will be diluted?

Nope I blame our government and people like you who think Brexit is a good idea.

But it is Spain that is causing the problems because it wants Gibraltar back, they are the ones derailing any plans.

3 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Exactly. There’s no logic there at all.

Nor is a tumbleweed response!! 😁

Edited by apelike

Just now, apelike said:

But that right to free movement will be removed for all in the UK but you will still be able to travel. As said before I'm not sure about the healthcare bit but dilution of employment rights! What rights will be diluted?

My right to free movement will be impacted. Removing it is the whole premise of May’s Brexit and there is no hope of it with a hard Brexit. A reminder that free movement means the right to move freely for work in the EU.

If there is no deal on March 29 no I won’t be able to move freely. It will cost me £52 and two weeks of waiting to visit my kids. That is not free movement.

With no deal the U.K. participation in EHIC ends on March 29. With May’s deal it is not guaranteed after the transition.

As for employment rights quite a few leading Brexiters openly say they want to dilute them, and revoke the Human Rights Act

Have you been living under a rock?

1 minute ago, apelike said:

But it is Spain that is causing the problems because it wants Gibraltar back, they are the ones derailing any plans.

Nor is a tumbleweed response!! 😁

No it is not Spain causing the problem. It is us. Because we are leaving.

18 minutes ago, apelike said:

You really should blame Spain for that!

14 minutes ago, apelike said:

but dilution of employment rights! What rights will be diluted?

Typical brextremist, as usual blame everybody else but, and play dumb

Dont forget last year we had this

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-eu-rights-charter-uk-government-house-of-lords-withdrawal-bill-a8318731.html

where the government were voting to get rid of "fundamental rights" and transporting most into british law, how many do you think they will lose down the back of the sofa when transporting them over?

and the charter of fundamental rights will NOT be retained

The Charter contains some 54 articles divided into seven titles. The first six titles deal with substantive rights under the headings: dignity, freedoms, equality, solidarity, citizens' rights and justice, while the last title deals with the interpretation and application of the Charter. Much of Charter is based on the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR), European Social Charter, the case-law of the European Court of Justice and pre-existing provisions of European Union law.

are any of those bad things? should we not have dignity in this country? freedom of speech? freedom of expression? equality?

right to fair working conditions maybe?

if they dont transport this or most of it over then whats to stop the tories from eroding these things over time.

My right to free movement will be impacted. Removing it is the whole premise of May’s Brexit and there is no hope of it with a hard Brexit. A reminder that free movement means the right to move freely for work in the EU.

But you will still be able to travel to the EU and still be able to apply for jobs and work there.

If there is no deal on March 29 no I won’t be able to move freely. It will cost me £52 and two weeks of waiting to visit my kids. That is not free movement.

Again its Spain that is causing that particular problem as it was agreed that no visa was meant to necessary and Spain are forcing that idea on the EU not the UK. BTW are your kids adults or children?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/20/britons-may-need-52-visa-to-visit-mainland-europe-after-brexit

With no deal the U.K. participation in EHIC ends on March 29. With May’s deal it is not guaranteed after the transition.

I see, then for a quick visit it will meant some travel insurance instead.

As for employment rights quite a few leading Brexiters openly say they want to dilute them, and revoke the Human Rights Act

And yet the government has stated that they will stay the same. As far as revoking the HRA that it seems is just scare stories.

Have you been living under a rock?

No but its all because Spain wants that rock back...😁

3 minutes ago, apelike said:

But you will still be able to travel to the EU and still be able to apply for jobs and work there.

Again its Spain that is causing that particular problem as it was agreed that no visa was meant to necessary and Spain are forcing that idea on the EU not the UK. BTW are your kids adults or children?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/20/britons-may-need-52-visa-to-visit-mainland-europe-after-brexit

I see, then for a quick visit it will meant some travel insurance instead.

And yet the government has stated that they will stay the same. As far as revoking the HRA that it seems is just scare stories.

No but its all because Spain wants that rock back...😁

None of those things will be automatic rights any more. That is what is being taken away. Very simple.

By stating the alternatives you have basically agreed with that

Edited by I1L2T3

8 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Typical brextremist, as usual blame everybody else but, and play dumb

No, just asking a question that so far nobody has been able to answer, even you!

None of those things will be automatic rights any more. That is what is being taken away. Very simple.

But because they will no longer be automatic rights does not mean you cannot do what you do now. The only thing being taken away is the word automatic.

Edited by apelike