The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

9 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Great, they can just join the rest of the queue. There won’t be a non-eu queue and a used-to-be-in-the-eu queue. Just one big queue. It could come from France, Slovakia or China. It will all be in a queue.

Ever thought we could build them ourselves? And employ people at the same time? We probably invented half of them.

16 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Buy them from somewhere else then. Probably cheaper too. Didn't Slovakia or somewhere have one of those Proton Beam thingies that saved the little boys life, before we'd even heard of them?

You really have no idea how these things work, do you?

Maybe you should read some of the work on the subject by the Institute of Nuclear Medicine at University College London. Or are you one of these Brexiteers who prefers fake news on facebook and dog whistle slogans to considered, well researched opinion.

9 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Well you’ll be luck because in the event of a no deal those car plants (and jobs) will start drifting away quicker than you can say french-made-blue-passports. While we wallow about in limbo, money isn’t getting invested here anyway.

Labours idea is that we invest in ourselves by creating National Banks. Instead of creating money to give to the banks we create money to invest in stuff like this. As for wallowing - we've had 2 years to get this sort of thing underway, but May's been too busy getting 'a deal' which will tie us down once again.

Just now, Anna B said:

Ever thought we could build them ourselves? And employ people at the same time? We probably invented half of them.

Have you been at the brandy tonight Anna? 

We we had a car manufacturers but theyre gone. The infrastructure is gone. We’ve gotforeign owned ones and they’re going soon. Unless st jezza is going to use his years of experience of a back bench mp and open a load of state owned trabant factories, car manufacturing will quite possibly be dead and buried with the last rites read on march 29th.

You voted for that.

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

Labours idea is that we invest in ourselves by creating National Banks. Instead of creating money to give to the banks we create money to invest in stuff like this. As for wallowing - we've had 2 years to get this sort of thing underway, but May's been too busy getting 'a deal' which will tie us down once again.

Corbyns would-be deal tied us down even harder if memory serves.

4 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Have you been at the brandy tonight Anna? 

We we had a car manufacturers but theyre gone. The infrastructure is gone. We’ve gotforeign owned ones and they’re going soon. Unless st jezza is going to use his years of experience of a back bench mp and open a load of state owned trabant factories, car manufacturing will quite possibly be dead and buried with the last rites read on march 29th.

You voted for that.

can not put this on Labour or Conservative, the demise of our car industry is squarely on the EU.  How many Japanese car plant are there in mainland Europe

Edited by phil752

11 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You really have no idea how these things work, do you?

Maybe you should read some of the work on the subject by the Institute of Nuclear Medicine at University College London. Or are you one of these Brexiteers who prefers fake news on facebook and dog whistle slogans to considered, well researched opinion.

Actually you're right, which is why I've kept out of the Brexit debate.

But I've come to realise that not many people do have any idea. Maybe that's because everything's been over-complicated. Maybe the simplest solutions are the best and everything else is just smoke and mirrors. We used to be a nation that had a 'can-do' attitude and could sort anything. We used to be inventive buccaneers, but we now just drown in admin.

And yes, I have been at the Brandy actually. God knows I need it when I see the mess we're in.

Edited by Anna B

3 minutes ago, phil752 said:

can not put this on Labour or Conservative, the demise of our car industry is squarely on the EU.  How many Japanese car plant are there in mainland Europe

You might need to explain that to me Phil. They didn’t make us leave did they?

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

You might need to explain that to me Phil. They didn’t make us leave did they?

read my previous post regarding free trade deal with Japan

Just now, phil752 said:

read my previous post regarding free trade deal with Japan

Which we would have benefitted from had we stayed in the EU surely - unless I’ve missed something.

3 minutes ago, Anna B said:

And yes, I have been at the Brandy actually. God knows I need it when I see the mess we're in.

At least you have the consolation of knowing that you helped cause this mess.

Spare a thought for those who didn't vote for it but will suffer just as much as those who did!

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Which we would have benefitted from had we stayed in the EU surely - unless I’ve missed something.

they are moving car production back to Japan and keeping  plants open in the US, They were here to get around tariffs as the tariffs are become ever decreasing from product in Japan why build here

10 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Actually you're right, which is why I've kept out of the Brexit debate.

But I've come to realise that not many people do have any idea. Maybe that's because everything's been over-complicated. Maybe the simplest solutions are the best and everything else is just smoke and mirrors. We used to be a nation that had a 'can-do' attitude and could sort anything. We used to be inventive buccaneers, but we now just drown in admin.

At least it explains why you sound like an LBC phonein!!