The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

Japanese drugmaker moves European HQ from London over Brexit

https://www.ft.com/content/d4ac54e6-4310-11e9-b168-96a37d002cd3

A Japanese pharmaceutical company that based its European headquarters in London five years ago and was praised for doing so by then London mayor Boris Johnson, is now planning to move the base to the Netherlands in preparation for Brexit.

Shionogi’s planned move makes it the latest in a string of Japanese companies — including Panasonic and Sony — looking to restructure their European operations to insulate themselves from disruption caused by Britain’s departure from the EU.

The change is not expected to create significant movements of staff, but will see the substantial financial dividends of Shionogi’s European operations bypassing London in favour of the new headquarters.

More slow claps :roll:

3 hours ago, L00b said:

Nice try.

Except, I clealy referenced the fact that it was iansheff who posted that and made the argument, and not once have I claimed or suggested that it was you.

Hang on, you start off by quoting part of what I said and then referenced the whole lot to iansheff! Maybe instead of attempting to muddy things by mixing part of my post with iansheff post you could actually address each quote  instead. I believe because of that it is you who have posted in bad faith.

Post 3793:

On 8 March 2019 at 16:16, iansheff said:

Seems like the Dutch and Spanish are realising that the UK leaving will impact them, maybe if those in charge of the EU thought about the impact Brexit  would have on other EU countries and how it would affect them, then maybe they would not have been so keen to clamp down on the UK. There is also a link on the page you sent Apelike saying France are worried as they are the biggest exporters of apples to the UK.  Christiane Lambert of the FNSEA union said French wine and spirits producers would be hit hardest, as their sector had a €1.3bn (£1.1bn; $1.5bn) annual surplus in trade with the UK. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46944358 

Post 3794:

On 8 March 2019 at 17:00, L00b said:

Have to LOL at those last few posts raising negative consequences of Brexit on EU27  businesses as some sort of justifying arguments, after 2+ years of studiously ignoring same negative consequences of Brexit on UK businesses as Project Fear.

Everybody has been told loud and clear for months and longer, and by the EU27 themselves first and loudest: everybody loses with Brexit.

But the UK, significantly more than the EU27, and never less so than if it Brexits without a deal.

21 days to go. Tic-toc-tic-toc-tic-toc...

The first sentence of which you then quoted partially in the next post, 3795:

On 8 March 2019 at 17:20, apelike said:

Just pointing out it's not only the UK that will have problems, but as usual you and others will leap at the chance to say its some form of justification from leavers.

Yep and personally I can't wait!

Then my post 3853 in reply to the above (since you quoted me and then referred to 'me and others'), which was prompting you to reconsider your argument of 3795 in view of 3793

21 hours ago, L00b said:

Pointing out it's not only the UK that will have problems, to then argue that it's the EU's fault for "clamping down on the UK", is not "just" pointing out it's not only the UK that will have problems, and pretty much looks like an attempt at justifying Brexit, from where I'm looking at iansheff's post.

Perhaps you want to re-read it, and my own post in reply to it, to assure yourself of what I wrote, rather than what you think I wrote.

19 days to go.

You just jumped in at 3795 and clearly referred yourself to iansheff and others' posts with "Just pointing out it's not only the UK that will have problems", and now you're trying to argue after the fact that you did not?

You've got some cheek to try and pin your ensuing contortions on me, mate.

Edited by L00b

4 minutes ago, L00b said:

You've got some cheek to try and pin your ensuing contortions on me, mate.

Considering I was replying to this, I dont think so.

"Have to LOL at those last few posts raising negative consequences of Brexit on EU27  businesses as some sort of justifying arguments, after 2+ years of studiously ignoring same negative consequences of Brexit on UK businesses as Project Fear."

As one of those posts was mine it was perfectly valid for me to say what I did as I did not make any justifying argument and was just pointing that out. 

Just now, apelike said:

Considering I was replying to this, I dont think so.

"Have to LOL at those last few posts raising negative consequences of Brexit on EU27  businesses as some sort of justifying arguments, after 2+ years of studiously ignoring same negative consequences of Brexit on UK businesses as Project Fear."

As one of those posts was mine it was perfectly valid for me to say what I did as I did not make any justifying argument and was just pointing that out. 

Suit yourself. The series of posts is now quoted in 3876, readers can make up their own minds.

4 hours ago, L00b said:

Suit yourself. The series of posts is now quoted in 3876, readers can make up their own minds.

Yes and they will see that you have since edited the post after I replied to try and help your cause. 

46 minutes ago, apelike said:

Yes and they will see that you have since edited the post after I replied to try and help your cause. 

Sure, because that's really my style on here :roll:

Have we all noticed; Banks, asset managers and insurers have already moved nearly £1 trillion of assets out of the UK and to other European countries ahead of Brexit, with more likely to be shifted in coming months, according to new research.

But that's ok, it won't mean a 1% drop in tax receipts (oh, yes it will).

It won't mean nearly £6Billion lost off the tax income of the UK (oh, yes it will)

It won't mean the brexiteers shouting "Project Fear" (oh, yes it will)

It won't mean that they refuse to admit that leaving the EU is bad for the UK (oh, yes it will)...

4 hours ago, L00b said:

Sure, because that's really my style on here :roll:

Your style might be a pro EU supporter. 😰

On 14/01/2019 at 18:45, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Let's be honest. May is a remainer, fact. We should have had a Brexiteer doing the deals, it's just common sense. We should have told the EU in no uncertain terms what WE wanted from them, and negotiated from that position of strength.

Saying  you are going to leave - regardless of the outcome of negotiations - is hardly negotiating from a position of strength - no matter how loud you shout.

Edited by Longcol

Well, with 15 days to go until Article 50 ejects the UK from the EU, it's good to know that we're no closer to knowing what the consequences will be than we were here

7 hours ago, Phanerothyme said:

Well, with 15 days to go until Article 50 ejects the UK from the EU, it's good to know that we're no closer to knowing what the consequences will be than we were here.

Only if you shut your mind to facts, reason and logic.

Because factually, as a country you've already lost currency strength, assets, jobs, contracts, major EU agencies and more. All of those reported loud and clear very publicly, as a consequence of the Brexit vote and its political and governmental handling since.

And factually still, both the EU and your own government have published ample preparation notices to stakeholders, each clearly mapping out what and why stakeholders in the sector concerned need to plan for, as a consequence of Brexiting.

Brexiteers can dismiss all of that on ideological grounds. That doesn't alter their factual truth. 

Edited by L00b